It's a Musical Bingo Thursday on Blind Cafe

Julie Parker

Feb 13, 2014, 12:03:49 AM2/13/14
to daily menu

MENU OF EVENTS

Good Morning members, It’s a Wheel Of Fortune Thursday on Blind Café!

*Thanks to all our hosts and hostesses who work very hard to entertain our members.

“We hope you enjoy your day, on Blind Café,”

Date: February 13th, 2014:

****On the Menu every day is for our new members as it has instructions on how to subscribe to our chat list and Menu. Also it gives a description of what can be found in a room by hitting F6. All other members can skip this section and go down to our Senior Menu to find a quick guide to today’s events. Our next section The Classic Menu gives a description of how our games are played. Finally our Dessert Menu is at the bottom of the page and is filled with articles from our members.

*BLIND CAFÉ’S Menu Favorites on the Menu every day:

*Check out our recipe on today’s menu in the Bistro, if you have a recipe that you would like to submit, please send it to ju...@blindcafe.net

*Located at the bottom of the menu you will find our Members Corner. Here we post Tid bits about Medical updates, Financial News, Today in history, zilch replays, Jokes, and other interesting articles sent in by our members.

. If you would like to submit an article please send it to ju...@blindcafe.net

*To chat to your friends on Blind Café go to blindcafech...@yahoogroups.com

*Blind Café recommends Cavi courses. If   you are interested in any Cavi courses you can visit:
www.cavitraining.com
or if you have any questions for Monica you can e-mail her at:
mon...@ciscovision.orgc

*Mystery Theatre.  Press F6 and listen to one of our very own produced mini who dun nit plays, starring our very own Blind Café Members.

* Press F6 in our Faith Chapel and listen to one of Pastor Jonathon or Pastor Volly Nelson’s Sermons.

*Press F6 in The Pirate’s Cove and sail away to the Islands with Jimmy Buffet.

*Press F6 in Laughing Leprechaun and enjoy some luck of the Irish. Coming soon our members Saint Patrick’s Day Limerick’s.

*Gadget’s Tech Room. Hit F6 and hear instructions on how to use I Phone Ap’s.

*I didn’t know that learning Centre. Hit F6 and listen to our learning tutorials.

*Café Premier Events Room. Sit back, hit F6 and get ready to listen to our full length, hilariously funny Christmas play that our Blind Café members starred in. “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas”

* Blind Café’s 2013, Murder in the Café Manor Halloween Horror Production by Julie P and Patti Woodworth

**Our 2013 Café Expresso Christmas Play, starring Willie and Jeannie Wilson as Santa and Mrs. Claus. See how our members turned into rogue toys and elves. Laugh along as poor Sweet P gets hit with the white stuff that she hates so much and last but not least, see how Lorraine runs Grandma over with the reindeer. For some reason Confetti and crew seem to have a hard time with getting Willie off the ground. Written and Produced by Julie Parker and Patti Woodworth, it’s definitely a must to listen to.

*T.V Land. Kick back, put your feet up, relax on one of our comfortable couches,   hit f 6 and watch one of our old time classic T.V shows such as Alf

Andy Griffith

Brady Bunch

Dragnet

Gilligan’s island

Green acres

Highway to Heaven

Jefferson’s

Leave it to beaver

Mash

Mork and Mindy

Mr. Ed

The Munsters

The Walton’s

W.K.R.P in Cincinnati

  We have more shows coming soon.

*The Café Comedy Lounge. Hit F6 and get ready for some great comedians like Jeff Dunham, Roy D Mercer, Bill Cosby, Rodney Carrington Songs, James Gregory, and Ron White, Larry the Cable Guy, Jeanne Roberson, Hee Haw episodes and our very own John Harris and Willie in the Copper Clapper! Enjoy a great laugh whenever you want to get happy!

*Movies, Movies, Movies:

We have over 600 described movies for your enjoyment. Come in to Willie’s cinema and watch the movie of your choice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Press F6 from the main room window, and choose the movie you would like to play. Happy movie watching, and don’t forget to bring the popcorn.

*Thursday’s Seniors Menu:

7 am Join Willie in the Donut and Coffee Shop for our Breakfast Club.

*2pm Zilch Join your host Shawn and his computer C 3 P O for a game of Zilch.

4 pm The Prayer get together with Andrew in our Faith Chapel.

7pm Tech Talk in Gadgets Tech Room. Join our Tech Team, Patti W, Jim O’ Neal, Lorraine and Geoff Eden.

* 8 pm Veteran’s join Sergeant Rock in our Veterans only room.

  *8pm join your host Mikey and Julie for Wheel of Fortune.

*9pm Musical Bingo with your hosts Julie and Patti W.

*10:30 pm join your host Matt in the Winners Circle for an impromptu game of Uno.

*11:30 Join Shammy for our late night chat in Café after Dark.

**BLIND CAFÉ’S New Events Menu:

New Event:

This Saturday Night at 8:30pm we will be starting our Talent Contest. We are also show casing our Auction bidders songs.  These songs will be permitted to be entered into the contest. We have some great talent on our site guys so come on out and support your fellow members, while enjoying a great evening of entertainment.

New Event:

Our Bowling League will start Monday night at 9pm. If you wish to sign up, please contact Terry or Lorraine and let them know your team name. You will have to purchase the Ten Pin Bowling Alley Game at the address below.

If you click on the link for windows it will take you to a page for audio games.

www.dracoent.com

There is a $150 Gift Card to be split between the winners. For more details see Terry or Lorraine.

***For our Classic Menu including times and explanation of games, please read below. All times are Eastern Standard:

7 am The Donut and Coffee Shop opens:

Join Willy and our breakfast club crew and find out about world events and what the weather is like in each others neck of the woods. If you are an early riser you will find one of us lingering around our freshly brewed coffee. If you like to dunk your donut, you had better grab one quick before Willie eats them all!

11:30 am the Bistro Opens Sponsored by Chris Spencer:

 Share your lunch hour with us. Come by and   chat while we serve you a freshly made sandwich, croissant or French pastry. Fresh on the Menu today. Sent in by Peaches

Velveeta Cheese Fudge
1 pound Velveeta
1 pound butter
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cocoa
4 pounds powdered sugar
2 cups nuts
2 tablespoons vanilla
Melt cheese and butter over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth and consistent being careful not to burn. While mixture is melting, combine thoroughly in large bowl or pot, cocoa, powdered sugar, nuts and vanilla. Pour cheese mixture into cocoa mixture and combine with hands being careful not to burn hands. Spread into a buttered 9 by 13 inch pan.
_____
The 4 Ingredient Cookbook:
Vegetables
Rice Green Chili Casserole
1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
2 cups sour cream
3 cups cooked white rice
8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, grated
Combine chilies and sour cream. Place 1 cup cooked rice in bottom of 1 1/2 quart casserole. Spoon a third of sour cream mixture over rice and top with one-third of the cheese. Do this two more times. Cover and bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer.
Makes 6 servings.

Join your host Shawn and   his computer C 3 P O the Zilch out room. All you need to know about this game is don’t Zilch out!

4 pm the prayer get together in our Faith Chapel:

Join your host Andrew for The prayer get together. Bring prayer requests
before the throne of god. The following areas can be lifted up in
prayer ourselves, the world, our governments and much more. The
whole hour will go as the lord leads it and will take as much time as
it needs.  So come one and all and pray

4 pm Senior moments Sponsored by our Vets:

 Join Willie, Alan, Julie or Patti for happy hour. Of course that’s if you can remember where the room is! If you have to hold the key down for an extra second because you can’t remember what you were going to say, don’t worry, you’re in the right room. I think!

7 pm:  Tech Talk in Gadget’s Tech Room. Sponsored by Jim O’Neal:

Join Patti W, Lorraine, Jim   and Jeff. For tech talk. Bring along your I-Phone and computer questions.

8 pm Veteran’s only room. Sponsored by Sergeant Rock:

Veteran’s, please join Sergeant Rock, in our Veteran’s Only Room.

8pm Wheel of Fortune In Games R Us Sponsored by JB Heart:

Join your hosts Julie, Mikey and Patti W for this new and creative game based on the popular T.V show Wheel of Fortune. Come spin the wheel, pick a letter and see if you can solve the puzzle. We even have a bonus round with the letters R.S.T.L.N and the vowel is E.

9pm Musical Bingo in Games R Us Sponsored by JB Heart:

 Join your hosts Julie P and Patti for Musical Bingo.

Do you remember your hits of the 80s? Still bopping along to the sounds of the swinging 60s? Do you remember old and new movie themes? Can you identify cartoon characters or TV themes? Then this is the game for you.

Yes it's here the all-new Musical Bingo.

 The first team to call a bingo wins.

10:30 pm Uno in the Winners Circle Sponsored by Chris and Cheryl Spencer:

Join your host Matt, for an informal game of Uno.

11:30 pm Café after Dark opens Sponsored by Terra Lee:

  Come on in and Join Shammy! Anyone for a late night chat? Let’s see who can stay awake the longest. If we survive until 7am we can always go down to the Donut and coffee shop and join the breakfast club where they meet every day.

****What’s for Dessert in the Members Corner:

*Tiffany’s Interesting Food Fact of the Day:

February 13
 National Tortellini Day
 National “Eat Italian Food” Day

**Thought of the day.

Thanks Sharon for the thought of the day.

> Dog: You pet me, feed me, play with me, love me ... you must be a god!
> Cat: You pet me, feed me, play with me, love me ... I must be a god!>
Thanks Sharon for the thought of the day. *** Joke of the day: My father was in the dentist's chair having a root canal done. Every
so often, the dentist would stick a large toothpick-like object into the
tooth's canal to see how far he had drilled. Each time, this thing caused
my father great pain, but whenever he complained, the dentist replied,
"Oh, that doesn't hurt -- it's just a measuring device.
This happened a couple more times. Again my father complained --
again he got the same response. Finally my father sat up in the chair,
took all the stuff out of his month and looked straight at the dentist.
"Excuse me for a moment," Dad said. "I have to go out to my truck,
get my tape measure and whack you in the head with it. It shouldn't
hurt, though. It's just a measuring device."

Of course!  Boom Boom! Hahahahahahahahaha
. By the way Don’t forget to visit Shammy tomorrow night in the Café Comedy Lounge at midnight for open mic night! We don’t want him getting lonely in that room all by himself because he can get into a lot of trouble you know

****The 1st Typewriter by Alan Dicey:

The first typewriter was introduced to the United States in 1868 by
Christopher Latham Sholes. His first attempt to build a typing device
consisted of a crude and sluggish machine that was far from perfect. The
design used letters and characters on the ends of rods which were called
typebars.  When a key was struck, the typebar would swing up and hit the
ink-coated tape which would transfer the image onto paper.

The original design of the keyboard positioned keys in alphabetical order in
two rows. Makes sense, right?  Well, this arrangement caused the typebars of
the most commonly used combination letters of the alphabet (I e. T H and S
T) to be positioned close together, so when the keys were hit right after
the other with a speed faster than a snail, the keys would jam.
The attempt to solve this malfunction resulted in a rearrangement of keys.
In 1868, in collaboration with educator Amos Densmore, Sholes arranged the
letters on the keyboard for better spacing between popular keys used in
combination. The results was that this initially made it difficult for
people to find the letters they needed to type efficiently.
However, someone who mastered this new key arrangement would actually be
able to type faster because the keys wouldn't jam. This was the beginning of
the QWERTY keyboard, which first appeared in 1872.
The first typewriter machine found its way on the market in 1874 through
Remington & Sons. The device was called the Remington No. 1. You're probably
thinking it sold out in minutes since it was the latest and greatest
technological device to be mass-produced.
The truth is, most people ignored it.  Sure, the machine still had some
quirks and Sholes had yet to figure out ideal customers for his invention,
but in the late 1870s, the idea of "mechanical writing" was just plain
strange for most people.
The accepted norm was to write letters in legible longhand and many people
found mechanical writing uncouth or even offensive. Sholes figured his
device would appeal to clergyman and men of letters first and then he'd
branch out to the general public; he didn't even consider its use in
business. All of these factors probably played a part in the typewriter's
initial lack of sales.

Four years later, after slight modifications to the arrangement of the
keyboard were made, Remington & Sons produced the new Remington No. 2 model.
The Remington No. 2 included the arrangement of keys we use today along with
the ability to type both capital and lowercase letters by using the shift
key. The shift key received its name because it caused the carriage to shift
position in order to type either a lowercase or capital letter which were on
the same typebar. Although the shift key we use on our keyboards today does
not cause the machine to shift mechanically, the name stuck.

As the typewriter rose in popularity, people stopped complaining about the
weird arrangement of keys and started memorizing the keyboard and learning
how to type efficiently. Although other alternate keyboards tried to break
onto the market, most people decided to stay with the QWERTY board, and none
of the other type-writing machines proved successful.

One prominent attempt at a replacement keyboard occurred in the early 1930s
when Professor August Dvorak of Washington State University set out to
develop a more user-friendly keyboard. He ultimately redesigned the keyboard
so all of the vowels and the five most commonly used consonants were
arranged on the home row (AOEUIDHTNS).

Although the design required a typist to frequently alternate hands to type
most words, with the Dvorak keyboard, a person could type approximately 400
of the English language's most common words just by using the keys of the
home row, compared to 100 words on the QWERTY keyboard. In addition, using
the Dvorak keyboard, a typist's fingers would not have to travel as far as
they did on Sholes' keyboard to type the majority of words.

Dvorak set out to prove his machine superior to Sholes', but his keyboard
never caught on. Many of the studies used to test the effectiveness of his
keyboard were flawed or were deemed a conflict of interest since Dvorak
conducted them himself.
A U.S. General Services Administration study in 1953 of Dvorak's keyboard
determined it didn't matter which keyboard was used. Experienced typists in
either keyboard typed at approximately the same speed, with variance based
more on their individual skill rather than either keyboard design being
superior to the other in a larger sample-size or words.
This ultimately killed the Dvorak keyboard as the majority of people didn't
want to commit the time or resources it would take to be trained on a new
keyboard.  Thus, the QWERTY keyboard persevered through today and seemingly
will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

As Dr. Dvorak said, "Changing the keyboard format is like proposing to
reverse the Ten Commandments and the Golden Rule, discard every moral
principle, and ridicule motherhood."
- - -

*****Remember This Chess Game sent in by Alan:

February 10, 1996: Kasparov loses chess game to computer.
On this day in 1996, after three hours, world chess champion Gary Kasparov
loses the first game of a six-game match against Deep Blue, an IBM computer
capable of evaluating 200 million moves per second. Man was ultimately
victorious over machine, however, as Kasparov bested Deep Blue in the match
with three wins and two ties and took home the $400,000 prize. An estimated
6 million people worldwide followed the action on the Internet.
Kasparov had previously defeated Deep Thought, the prototype for Deep Blue
developed by IBM researchers in 1989, but he and other chess grandmasters
had, on occasion, lost to computers in games that lasted an hour or less.
The February 1996 contest was significant in that it represented the first
time a human and a computer had duked it out in a regulation, six-game
match, in which each player had two hours to make 40 moves, two hours to
finish the next 20 moves and then another 60 minutes to wrap up the game.
Kasparov, who was born in 1963 in Baku, Azerbaijan, became the Soviet
Union's junior chess champion at age 13 and in 1985, at age 22, the youngest
world champ ever when he beat legendary Soviet player Anatoly Karpov.
Considered by many to be the greatest chess player in the history of the
game, Kasparov was known for his swashbuckling style of play and his ability
to switch tactics mid-game.
In 1997, a rematch took place between Kasparov and an enhanced Deep Blue.
Kasparov won the first game, the computer the second, with the next three
games a draw. On May 11, 1997, Deep Blue came out on top with a surprising
sixth game win--and the $700,000 match prize.
In 2003, Kasparov battled another computer program, "Deep Junior." The match
ended in a tie. Kasparov retired from professional chess in 2005.
Notes on game between enhanced Deep Blue and Kasparov
Chess experts said that Kasparov should been able to get a draw in the sixth
game. Kasparov resigned at move 19. When he heard about the enhanced version
he became anxious and nervous. After Gary lost, he claimed that IBM got a
grand master to help the enhanced Deep Blue beat him.
Final Score: enhanced Deep Blue 3.5 and Kasparov 2.5
Unlike the enhanced Deep Blue Kasparov became anxious and nervous during the
last game.
GAME 6 MOVES
Deep Blue (White)
versus
Kasparov (Black)
1. e4 c6
2. d4 d5
3. Nc3 dxe4
4. Nxe4 Nd7
5. Ng5 Nf6
6. Bd3 e6
7. N1f3 h6
8. Nxe6 Qe7
9. O-O fxe6
10. Bg6+ Kd8
11. Bf4 b5
12. a4 Bb7
13. Re1 Nd5
14. Bg3 Kc8
15. axb5 cxb5
16. Qd3 Bc6
17. Bf5 exf5
18. Rxe7 Bxe7
19. c4 black Resigns
Kasparov had begun the final game of the match with an odd Carocan opening,
a favorite of Kasparov's arch-rival Anatoly Karpov, but something Kasparov
would almost never use. He began to goad the computer to attack, hoping to
force it into a tactical blunder, but the opposite occurred. Kasparov,
playing
black, was forced into a knight sacrifice, something that gave him a
short-term advantage but resulted in an unfavorable position on the board.
After that
he showed little willingness to go on.
"It is highly unusual for a project categorized as research to be developed
under such a cloak of secrecy," said Daniel Sleator, a professor of
computer science at Carnegie Mellon University where Deep Blue was created.
"They have crossed the line from computer science research to
self-aggrandizing greed."
The ill-will between Kasparov and the Deep Blue team had reached a fever
pitch Sunday when the New York Times reported that IBM had hired additional
Grandmasters to advise them over the last week and had denied their
assistance on the project.
"There could be more players on the bench that are too shy to show up,"
Kasparov said half-jokingly after the match. "Make IBM the player, not the
sponsor at the same time and we'll see what happens."
Immediately speculation turned to a rematch, which Kasparov said he would
welcome but would want fairer terms to even the playing field.
"Enter competitive chess," Kasparov said forcefully to the IBM programmers
(under the rules of competitive chess the computer would have to make
its previous games available to other players and agree not to tweak the
machine throughout the course of the match - something it was allowed to do
in this showdown).
"Play competitive chess and we shall see if the machine is a prodigy, is a
unique piece, or it was a lot of human weaknesses shown in one particular
event. I personally assure you, everybody here, that if Deep Blue will start
playing competitive chess I'll tear it in pieces."
Garry admits he's afraid of the machine.
The end happened on Round 6, Sunday May 11th.
Disaster: I could sense it already early that morning. In the two weeks we
had all been together in New York I had never seen Garry so tense. He hardly
spoke, and on the way to the site the mood was dark. When I saw the game
start I really had a sinking feeling. In 19 moves it was all over, with the
world champion falling into a well-known openings trap.
There has been a lot of speculation on whether Garry went into the
disastrous opening line with his eyes open, or whether he had simply
committed a "fingerfehler". How could this have happened? Well, you are
going to have to draw your own conclusions. I will merely lay out the
evidence. For starters I present the drama as it unfolded, with Garry making
the decisive moves. Please note that I have time-stamped the sequence
(hours:min:sec), so you know exactly how it happened.
15:07:31 - Garry plays 6...e6.
15:07:39 - Joe Hoane plays 7.N1f3 for the machine.
15:09:05 - After 1 min 24 sec Garry plays 7...h6.
15:09:15 - Deep Blue plays 8.Nxe6 out of book. Garry shakes his head
bitterly and writes down the move.
15:09:28 - Garry plays 8...Qe7 without any further thought.
15:09:40 - Deep Blue castles.
15:09:44 - Garry plays 9.fxe6 à tempo.
15:09:52 - Joe Hoane tries to move the bishop from c1 to g6 realizing that
it is the other bishop and corrects the move.
15:10:01 - Garry moves his king out of check and sinks into deep despair.
The entire drama took just one minute to unfold.
What went through his mind, what caused him to play this line? There are
some answers to be found in the final discussion with Garry, given in the
last video sequence in this article.
Just over an hour later the world champion had resigned against the
computer. He came up to the press room to face the journalists and TV
cameras. Naturally I taped the entire press conference. Here are the
highlights.
Real video: Garry quells the applause saying "I don't deserve it."
Real video:"It had nothing to do with science, there was only one goal: to
beat Garry Kasparov."
Video: "Deep Blue must now enter competitive chess! I guarantee that if they
do so under regular conditions I will personally tear it to pieces."
Video: "I want to understand how Deep Blue won the match, I want the
printouts". C.J.Tan promises to publish them in due time, Monty Newborne
says it is impossible to repeat the moves in a system as complex as Deep
Blue.
Video: "I cannot explain what happened today. I am a human being and proved
to be vulnerable."
Video: "In competitive chess there is no room for friendly relations. The
next time I'll play 1.e4 and 1...c5."
Real video: "My biggest mistakes were not to demand better conditions, and
to follow the advice of computer specialists who all recommended to play
these openings."
13. A final goodbye - Monday May 12th
On the day after the disastrous last round Daniel King and I had a final
lunch with Garry, in the Plaza Grill. Naturally the burning question Danny
had was what had happened in game six, how had he collapsed in this match?
Video: "I just lost my fighting spirit, after game five I was emptied
completely. But I would be proud to play games four and five in any
championship match."
Video: So how many players in the world could beat Deep Blue? Garry thinks
just four.
Video: Is there a great difference between Deep Blue and the micros? Garry
tells us that even the strongest micro program in the world is no problem
for him.
Finally the question of questions: Why did he play 7...h6 in game six and
collapse in the match? The answer in full length - draw your own
conclusions.
Real video: "I didn't want to play. I was sorry about my decision to play
h6. Normally computers don't take on e6."

With Best Regards,
God Bless
Alan
Plantation, Florida
Alan Dicey, Vice President
"Yes, Blind and Visually Impaired People, Can, and Do, Play Chess!"
United States Braille Chess Association Home Page:
http://AmericanBlindChess.org

__._,_.___

Reply to sender

Reply to group

Start a New Topic

Messages in this topic (1)

Visit Your Group

Yahoo! Groups

PrivacyUnsubscribeTerms of Use

.

__,_._,___

******Bizzare News sent in by Terry:

A Florida resident said he thinks a monkey photographed in his neighborhood might have been behind a pair of car break-ins.

The monkey in the Mirabay neighborhood of Apollo Beach was photographed recently by a neighborhood resident, and experts said it appears to be a rhesus macaque.

Corey Beckman, a photojournalist, said he spotted the monkey a couple weeks ago while relaxing at his home and soon came to suspect the primate of being behind two car break-ins the previous week.

Beckman said the cars were ransacked, but nothing was taken.

"You'd think anybody breaking into a car wound find it nice seeing a GPS there an iPod but they just left it all sitting here," Beckman said.

"Maybe it didn't like my music," Beckman joked.

The monkey hasn't caused any injuries and neighbors said they would like to see it relocated without being harmed.

*****Zilch Replay by Alan Dicey:

Patti W. Breaks One Round Zilch Record Score with 5000 points!
Associated Press:  Breaking News …
Tuesday Afternoon, February 11, 2014
When 14 of the bravest Blind Café Dedicated, Determined Warriors gathered to play one of their exciting, fun games of Zilch on that cold snowy Tuesday afternoon, none could have imagined they were going to witness a historic event unfold! Yes, they saw a long time record being broken!
The Warriors participating in this incredible event, listed in alphabetical order were:
Alan, Alicia, Connie, Gary, Kathy Rose, Lorraine, Matt, Patti,    Rick, Robert, Ron, Soo Keea, Terra Lee, Tiffany,
That Hostest with the Mostest, Patti W., and her dice rolling computer “Sparky” hosted the Zilch Game and it was a very special game of Zilch indeed!
Patti sat on the Zilch Bench the first 2 rounds, and it seem even after she received 700 points in the 3rd round, it was going to be impossible for her to catch up with the other Players scores.
And when Matt was first to reach game point of 4400 it looked like the game might be just about over, as most of the players were pretty far behind him with their scores.
Most but not all, Ron our good friend from that famous city of London, Ontario, Canada, had a strong   3400 points and only needed 1050 to pass Matt!
Lorraine also had 3400 points and she had a chance also!
Tiffany was close,   she had 3500 and only needed 950 to catch and pass Matt to get a new game point!
Soo Keea was even closer, she had 3550 and only needed 900 points to pass Matt and win the game.
Kathy Rose was the closest she had 3600 points and a great chance she only needed 850 points!
The other players, well, Alan had 3300 points, Terra Lee had 3150, Alicia had 2450, Gary had 2450,   Connie had 1900, Robert had 1850, Rick went home, Patti had a lowly 1050 points - (Smile)

Now you the reader must be able to imagine the surprise on the Zilch Warriors faces, when Patti W., who had been sitting on the Zilch Bench so long, and even after she got off only had 1050 points, she  gave it a try, and She did it!!
She scored 5000 points in one round to pass Matt with a score of 6150!
She had just broken the All Time Record One Round score of 4150 points by scoring 5000 points!
Incredible, Simply Incredible!
Congratulations Patti!
You Won the Game,
You became Eligible for the February Championship Tournament,
And you now hold the One Round High Game Score Record!
I would say you had a good game!
What an inspiration you are to all of us!
I submit the below poem for your approval Dear Lady!

IT COULDN'T BE DONE
Somebody said that it couldn't be done,
But he with a chuckle replied
That "maybe it couldn't,"
But he would be one Who wouldn't say so till he'd tried.

So he buckled right in with the trace of a grin
On his face.
If he worried he hid it.
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn't be done, and he did it.

Somebody scoffed: "Oh, you'll never do that;
At least no one ever has done it";
But he took off his coat and he took off his hat,
And the first thing we knew he'd begun it.

With a lift of his chin and a bit of a grin,
Without any doubting or quiddit,
He started to sing as he tackled the thing
That couldn't be done, and he did it.

There are thousands to tell you it cannot be done,
There are thousands to prophesy failure;
There are thousands to point out to you, one by one,
The dangers that wait to assail you.

But just buckle in with a bit of a grin,
Just take off your coat and go to it;
Just start to sing as you tackle the thing
That "cannot be done," and you'll do it.

Author - Edgar A. Guest

“We hope you enjoyed your day on Blind Café. Where the members matter most”

clip_image002.gif
clip_image003.gif