It's a Wheel of Fortune Thursday on Blind Cafe

Julie Parker

Jan 29, 2014, 11:07:05 PM1/29/14
to daily menu

MENU OF EVENTS

Good Morning members, It’s a Wheel Of Fortune Thursday on Blind Café!

*Thanks to all our hosts and hostesses who work very hard to entertain our members.

“We hope you enjoy your day, on Blind Café,”

Date: January 30th, 2014:

****On the Menu every day is for our new members as it has instructions on how to subscribe to our chat list and Menu. Also it gives a description of what can be found in a room by hitting F6. All other members can skip this section and go down to our Senior Menu to find a quick guide to today’s events. Our next section The Classic Menu gives a description of how our games are played. Finally our Dessert Menu is at the bottom of the page and is filled with articles from our members.

*BLIND CAFÉ’S Menu Favorites on the Menu every day:

*Check out our recipe on today’s menu in the Bistro, if you have a recipe that you would like to submit, please send it to ju...@blindcafe.net

*Located at the bottom of the menu you will find our Members Corner. Here we post Tid bits about Medical updates, Financial News, Today in history, zilch replays, Jokes, and other interesting articles sent in by our members.

. If you would like to submit an article please send it to ju...@blindcafe.net

*To chat to your friends on Blind Café go to blindcafech...@yahoogroups.com

*Blind Café recommends Cavi courses. If   you are interested in any Cavi courses you can visit:
www.cavitraining.com
Or if you have any questions for Monica you can e-mail her at:
Mon...@ciscovision.orgc

*Mystery Theatre.  Press F6 and listen to one of our very own produced mini who dun nit plays, starring our very own Blind Café Members.

* Press F6 in our Faith Chapel and listen to one of Pastor Jonathon or Pastor Volly Nelson’s Sermons.

*Press F6 in The Pirate’s Cove and sail away to the Islands with Jimmy Buffet.

*Press F6 in Laughing Leprechaun and enjoy some luck of the Irish. Coming soon our members Saint Patrick’s Day Limerick’s.

*Gadget’s Tech Room. Hit F6 and hear instructions on how to use I Phone Ap’s.

*I didn’t know that learning Centre. Hit F6 and listen to our learning tutorials.

*Café Premier Events Room. Sit back, hit F6 and get ready to listen to our full length, hilariously funny Christmas play that our Blind Café members starred in. “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas”

* Blind Café’s 2013, Murder in the Café Manor Halloween Horror Production by Julie P and Patti Woodworth

**Our 2013 Café Expresso Christmas Play, starring Willie and Jeannie Wilson as Santa and Mrs. Claus. See how our members turned into rogue toys and elves. Laugh along as poor Sweet P gets hit with the white stuff that she hates so much and last but not least, see how Lorraine runs Grandma over with the reindeer. For some reason Confetti and crew seem to have a hard time with getting Willie off the ground. Written and Produced by Julie Parker and Patti Woodworth, it’s definitely a must to listen to.

*T.V Land. Kick back, put your feet up, relax on one of our comfortable couches,   hit f 6 and watch one of our old time classic T.V shows such as Alf

Andy Griffith

Brady Bunch

Dragnet

Gilligan’s island

Green acres

Highway to Heaven

Jefferson’s

Leave it to beaver

Mash

Mork and Mindy

Mr. Ed

The Munsters

The Walton’s

W.K.R.P in Cincinnati

  We have more shows coming soon.

*The Café Comedy Lounge. Hit F6 and get ready for some great comedians like Jeff Dunham, Roy D Mercer, Bill Cosby, Rodney Carrington Songs, James Gregory, and Ron White, Larry the Cable Guy, Jeanne Roberson, Hee Haw episodes and our very own John Harris and Willie in the Copper Clapper! Enjoy a great laugh whenever you want to get happy!

*Movies, Movies, Movies:

We have over 600 described movies for your enjoyment. Come in to Willie’s cinema and watch the movie of your choice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Press F6 from the main room window, and choose the movie you would like to play. Happy movie watching, and don’t forget to bring the popcorn.

*Thursday’s Seniors Menu:

7 am Join Willie in the Donut and Coffee Shop for our Breakfast Club.

*2pm Zilch Join your host Shawn and his computer C 3 P O for a game of Zilch.

4 pm The Prayer get together with Andrew in our Faith Chapel.

7pm Tech Talk in Gadgets Tech Room. Join our Tech Team, Patti W, Jim O’ Neal, Lorraine and Geoff Eden.

* 8 pm Veteran’s join Sergeant Rock in our Veterans only room.

  *8pm Join your host Mikey and Julie for Wheel of Fortune.

*9pm Musical Bingo with your hosts Julie and Patti W.

*10:30 pm join your host Matt in the Winners Circle for an impromptu game of Uno.

*11:30 Join Shammy for our late night chat in Café after Dark.

**BLIND CAFÉ’S New Events Menu:

New Event:

February 15th. Along with our talent night, we will be showcasing our Fall Auction songs. If you were bid on please get with the person that bid on you so you can record their song.

***For our Classic Menu including times and explanation of games, please read below. All times are Eastern Standard:

7 am The Donut and Coffee Shop opens:

Join Willy and our breakfast club crew and find out about world events and what the weather is like in each others neck of the woods. If you are an early riser you will find one of us lingering around our freshly brewed coffee. If you like to dunk your donut, you had better grab one quick before Willie eats them all!

11:30 am the Bistro Opens Sponsored by Chris Spencer:

 Share your lunch hour with us. Come by and   chat while we serve you a freshly made sandwich, croissant or French pastry. Fresh on the Menu today. Sent in byPeaches

Mother's Old Fashioned Apple Crisp
The 4 Ingredient Cookbook: Appetizers
Dried Beef Appetizers
The Betty Crocker Recipe Card Library: Family Breakfast Brighteners
Apple Sausages With Cornmeal Mush
____________________
Recipes For Today:
What’s Cooking: Favorite Foods From Friends Against Cancer:
Pies, Cakes, Cookies, Candy And Desserts
Mother's Old Fashioned Apple Crisp
8 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup melted butter
Place sliced apples in greased 9 by 13 inch pan. Combine cinnamon and brown sugar. Sprinkle apples with half of this mixture. Combine sugar, flour, egg, salt and baking powder and spread over apple slices. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon mixture over contents. Pour melted butter over top and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes, or until done. Can be frozen and baked later.
_____
The 4 Ingredient Cookbook:
Appetizers
Dried Beef Appetizers
1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
1/2 teaspoon minced onion
3 ounces dried beef
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, optional
Chop beef and add minced onion, cream cheese and garlic powder. Form into small balls and refrigerate. Serve with toothpicks.
_____:
Family Breakfast Brighteners
Apple Sausages With Cornmeal Mush
1 cup water
1/3 cup red cinnamon candies
Few drops red food color
3 tart red apples, cored and cut into 1/2 inch rings
1 pound pork sausage links
3 tablespoons water
Cornmeal Mush (see below)
In large saucepan, heat 1 cup water, the candies and food color until candies melt. Place apple rings in syrup; simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Place sausage links in skillet; add 3 tablespoons water. Cover; simmer 8 minutes. Remove cover; cook until well-done, turning sausages to brown evenly. Serve hot sausage links and apple rings with Cornmeal Mush.
Makes 5 servings.
Cornmeal Mush
1 cup cornmeal
1-cup cold water
3 cups boiling water
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter
Flour
Grease loaf pan, 9 by 5 by 3 or 8 1/2 by 4 1/2 by 2 inches. Mix cornmeal and cold water in saucepan. Stir in boiling water and salt. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens and boils. Cover; cook over low heat 10 minutes. Spoon into loaf pan. Cover; refrigerate overnight. Unmold mush; cut as needed into 1/2 inch slices. Refrigerate leftover mush. Melt butter in skillet. Coat slices with flour. Brown on each side.
Makes enough for 9 servings.

Join your host Shawn and   his computer C 3 P O the Zilch out room. All you need to know about this game is don’t Zilch out!

4 pm the prayer get together in our Faith Chapel:

Join your host Andrew for The prayer get together. Bring prayer requests
before the throne of god. The following areas can be lifted up in
prayer ourselves, the world, our governments and much more. The
whole hour will go as the lord leads it and will take as much time as
it needs.  So come one and all and pray

4 pm Senior moments Sponsored by our Vets:

 Join Willie, Alan, Julie or Patti for happy hour. Of course that’s if you can remember where the room is! If you have to hold the key down for an extra second because you can’t remember what you were going to say, don’t worry, you’re in the right room. I think!

7 pm:  Tech Talk in Gadget’s Tech Room. Sponsored by Jim O’Neal:

Join Patti W, Lorraine, Jim   and Jeff. For tech talk. Bring along your I-Phone and computer questions.

8 pm Veteran’s only room. Sponsored by Sergeant Rock:

Veteran’s, please join Sergeant Rock, in our Veteran’s Only Room.

8pm Wheel of Fortune In Games R Us Sponsored by JB Heart:

Join your hosts Julie, Mikey and Patti W for this new and creative game based on the popular T.V show Wheel of Fortune. Come spin the wheel, pick a letter and see if you can solve the puzzle. We even have a bonus round with the letters R.S.T.L.N and the vowel is E.

9pm Musical Bingo in Games R Us Sponsored by JB Heart:

 Join your hosts Julie P and Patti for Musical Bingo.

Do you remember your hits of the 80s? Still bopping along to the sounds of the swinging 60s? Do you remember old and new movie themes? Can you identify cartoon characters or TV themes? Then this is the game for you.

Yes it's here the all-new Musical Bingo.

 The first team to call a bingo wins.

10:30 pm Uno in the Winners Circle Sponsored by Chris and Cheryl Spencer:

Join your host Matt, for an informal game of Uno.

10 pm Café after Dark opens Sponsored by Terra Lee:

  . Anyone for a late night chat? Let’s see who can stay awake the longest. If we survive until 7am we can always go down to the Donut and coffee shop and join the breakfast club where they meet every day.

****What’s for Dessert in the Members Corner:

*Tiffany’s Interesting Food Fact of the Day:

January 23rd

National pop tart day

**Thought of the day. Thanks Sharon for the thought of the day.

 A friends someone who stays even when you tell them to go

*** Joke of the day:

Here is another one of those blonde Alan jokes. I would duck if I was you Alan before the women around here go quackers!  Oh look Alan. I slipped in a duck joke. A blonde and a guy were out on a date and they ended up at "Lovers' Cove"
where they were making out.
The guy thought that things were going pretty good and maybe he would get
lucky tonight, so he thought that he would ask her if she wanted to go in
the back seat.

"NO," yelled the blonde!

The guy just figured that she wasn't ready yet. Things got pretty hot and
the guy thought he would try again.

"NO," the blonde yelled again!

Things got even hotter and the blond was down to her bra and the guy even
had her pants unzipped.

"Do you wanna go in the back seat yet," asked the guy?

"For the last time, NO, said the blonde! Frustrated, the guy asked, "Well,
why the hell not?"

The blonde looked at him and said: "Because I wanna stay up here with you."
- - -

Of course!  Boom Boom! Hahahahahahahahaha
. By the way Don’t forget to visit Shammy tomorrow night in the Café Comedy Lounge at midnight for open mic night! We don’t want him getting lonely in that room all by himself because he can get into a lot of trouble you know

****Service Animals Protected:

Service animals in New Jersey now protected, 'Dusty's Law' signed.
Posted by: Jerry DeMarco  January 21, 2014
Cliffview Pilot
Source:
http://cliffviewpilot.com/service-animals-in-new-jersey-now-protected-dustys-law-signed/
The state measure born in Woodcliff Lake known as "Dusty's Law" is, in fact,
a law now after being signed by Governor Christie today.
It establishes criminal penalties for killing, maiming or interfering with a
service dog.
 Before today, police couldn't investigate such instances as criminal acts
but, instead, must refer them to animal control agencies who sometimes
cannot respond immediately on nights or weekends. The law was crucial,
proponents said, because of the imminent danger to a blind person whose dog
is incapacitated or killed.
Dusty's Law makes it a criminal matter requiring police response. It governs
any animal that attacks, injures or interferes with any kind of service dog,
including during training.
 That includes attacks on any dog, horse or other animal owned or used by a
law enforcement agency, including search-and-rescue dogs.
 It's named for Dusty, a German Shepherd puppy being trained as a guide dog
who was mauled by a pit bull in Woodcliff Lake, requiring nearly 100
stitches, in July 2010.

Dusty, who was nine months old at the time, lost four teeth and suffered
emotional trauma that kept him from continuing his work with The Seeing Eye
program.

"Seeing eye dogs are especially vulnerable to injury during an attack
because they've been bred and trained to be non-aggressive," Jim Kutsch,
president and CEO of The Seeing Eye, the world's oldest guide-dog school.

They also "are unlikely to leave their masters' sides, even to save
themselves," he said.

Dusty's trainer, Roger Woodhour of Woodcliff Lake, who has volunteered with
The Seeing Eye for more than 20 years, noted that nearly half of all guide
dogs are attacked at some time by other animals, ordinarily within a
half-hour walk from home.

The Seeing Eye published a survey that found that 44% of 744 guide dog users
had experienced at least one attack by another animal. More than 80% said
they'd had some kind of interference by another animal.

Allowing an animal to kill a guide dog would be punishable by up to 18
months in prison and a fine of up to $10,000, or both, under the law.

Allowing an animal to injure or interfere with a guide dog would be a
disorderly persons offense, with the potential for a six-month prison
sentence.

The measure also requires restitution if a guide dog is killed or injured -
including the dog's value, the nearly $60,000 it costs to train a
replacement dog, veterinary bills, and lost income.

.GUEST COLUMN (Morristown Green): State laws protecting the rights of guide
dogs and handlers vary, but few provide real protection, compensation, and
lawful response. Dusty's Law would offer round-the-clock police protection
for New Jersey's guide dog teams who need immediate assistance.
http://morristowngreen.com/2013/08/28/why-new-jersey-needs-dustys-law-a-puppy-raisers-story/

Jenine Stanley
Consumer Relations Coordinator
Guide Dog Foundation for the Blind, Inc ®  and
America's VetDogs®,  The Veteran's K-9 Corps Inc ®
- - -

*****Fighting Retiree Bordem:

Fighting Retiree boredom

For all my retired friends.

A few days ago my best friend from high school sent me a "Vietnam Veteran"
cap. I never had one of these before, and I was pretty hyped about it,
especially because my friend was considerate enough to take the time to send
it to me.

Yesterday, I wore it when I went to Wal-Mart. There was nothing in
particular that I needed at the world's largest retailer; but, since I
retired, trips to Wally World to look at the Walmartians is always good for
some comic relief. Besides, I always feel pretty normal after seeing some of
the people that frequent the establishment. But, I digress... enough of my
psychological fixations.

While standing in line to check out, the guy in front of me, probably in his
early thirties, asked, "Are you a Vietnam Vet?"

"No," I replied.
"Then why are you wearing that cap?"
"Because I couldn't find the one from the War of 1812." I thought it was a
snappy retort.
"The War of 1812, huh?" the Walmartian queried, "When was that?"
forgive me, but I couldn't pass up such an opportunity.
"1936," I answered as straight-faced as possible.
He pondered my response for a moment and responded, "Why do they call it the
War of 1812 if it was in 1936?"
"It was a Black Op. No one is supposed to know about it." This was beginning
to be way fun!
"Dude! Really?" he exclaimed. "How did you get to do something that COOL?"
I glanced furtively around me for effect, leaned toward the guy and in a low
voice said, "I'm not sure. I was the only Caucasian on the mission."
"Dude," he was really getting excited about what he was hearing, "that is
seriously awesome! But, didn't you kind of stand out?"
"Not really. The other guys were wearing white camouflage."
The moron nodded knowingly.
"Listen man," I said in a very serious tone, "You can't tell anyone about
this. It's still 'top secret' and I shouldn't have said anything."
"Oh yeah?" he gave me the 'don't threaten me look.' "Like, what's gonna
happen if I do?"
With a really hard look I said, "You have a family don't you? We wouldn't
want anything to happen to them, would we?"
The guy gulped, left his basket where it was and fled through the door. By
this time the lady behind me was about to have a heart attack she was
laughing so hard. I just grinned at her.
After checking out and going to the parking lot I saw Dimwit leaning in a
car window talking to a young woman. Upon catching sight of me he started
pointing excitedly in my direction. Giving him another 'deadly' serious
look, I made the 'I see you gesture. He turned kind of pale, jumped in the
car and sped out of the parking lot.
What a great time! Tomorrow I'm going back with my Homeland Security cap.
Then the next day I will go to the license agency and wear my Border Patrol
hat,and see how long it takes to empty the place.
Whoever said retirement is boring just needs the right kind of cap!
- - -

******Today in history by Alan Dicey:

TODAY IN HISTORY, Today is Wednesday, January 22, the 22nd day of 2014.
There are 343 days left in the year.
Today's Highlight in History:
On January 22, 1984, the Los Angeles Raiders defeated the Washington
Redskins 38-9 to win Super Bowl XVIII (18), played at Tampa Stadium in
Florida; the CBS-TV broadcast featured Apple Computer's famous "1984"
commercial introducing the Macintosh computer.
On this date: In 1498, during his third voyage to the Western Hemisphere,
Christopher Columbus arrived at the present-day Caribbean island of Saint
Vincent.
On this date in 1788: George Gordon, Lord Byron, is born
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/george-gordon-lord-byron-is-born
On this date in 1840: British colonists reach New Zealand
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/british-colonists-reach-new-zealand
On this date in 1879: Chief Dull Knife makes last fight for freedom
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/chief-dull-knife-makes-last-fight-for-freedom
On this date in 1901, Britain's Queen Victoria died at age 81.
On this date in 1905: First Russian Revolution begins
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/first-russian-revolution-begins
On this date in 1917, President Woodrow Wilson pleaded for an end to war in
Europe, calling for "peace without victory. (By April, however, America also
was at war.)
On this date in 1922, Pope Benedict XV died; he was succeeded by Pius XI.
On this date in 1938, Thornton Wilder's play "Our Town" was performed
publicly for the first time in Princeton, New Jersey
On this date in 1941: during World War 2, Brits and Australians take Tobruk
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/brits-and-australians-take-tobruk
On this date in 1944, during World War II, Allied forces began landing at
Anzio, Italy.
On this day in 1953, the Arthur Miller drama "The Crucible" opened on
Broadway.
On this date in 1959, Buddy Holly made his last recordings in New York. He
died in a plane crash the next month.
On this date in 1960, singer Sam Cooke signed with RCA Records.
On this date in 1963, Gerry and the Pacemakers held their first recording
sessions.
On this date in 1967, the Rolling Stones refused to go on the revolving
stage during the finale of the British TV show "Sunday Night At The London
Palladium. The press saw it as a snub against tradition.
On this date in 1968, the fast-paced sketch comedy series "Rowan & Martin's
Laugh-In" premiered on NBC-TV.
On this date in 1971, the Joe Cocker film "Mad Dogs and Englishmen"
premiered in London. The movie was a documentary of Cocker's tour of the
same name and featured performances by Cocker, Leon Russell and Rita
Coolidge.
On this date in 1973, the U.S. Supreme Court, in its Roe v. Wade decision,
legalized abortions using a trimester approach.
Also, on this date in 1973 Former President Lyndon B. Johnson died at his
Texas ranch at age 64.
Also, on this date in 1973: Foreman beats Frazier to win heavyweight title
in Jamaica
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/foreman-beats-frazier-to-win-heavyweight-title-in-jamaica
On this date in 1980: Sakharov arrested in Moscow
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/sakharov-arrested-in-moscow
On this date in 1981: Final portrait of John and Yoko is on the cover of
Rolling Stone
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/final-portrait-of-john-and-yoko-is-on-the-cover-of-rolling-stone
On this date in 1982: President Reagan links arms talks with Soviets to
oppression in Poland
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/reagan-links-arms-talks-with-soviets-to-oppression-in-poland
On this date in 1987, Pennsylvania treasurer R. Budd Dwyer, convicted of
defrauding the state, proclaimed his innocence at a news conference before
pulling out a gun and shooting himself to death in front of horrified
spectators.
On this date in 1990, Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash used a profanity while
accepting American Music Awards for his band. Viewers complained to ABC,
which had broadcast the show live. The network apologized.
On this date in 1994, actor Telly Savalas died in Universal City,
California, a day after turning 72.
On this date In 1998, Theodore Kaczynski (kah-ZIHN'-skee) pleaded guilty in
Sacramento, California, to being the Unabomber in return for a sentence of
life in prison without parole.
Also, on this date in 1998, singer Toni Braxton filed for bankruptcy,
listing liabilities of more than $1 million.
On this date in 2004, Jennifer Lopez called off her engagement to Ben
Affleck.
On this date in 2008: Heath Ledger dies of accidental prescription drug
overdose
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/heath-ledger-dies-of-accidental-prescription-drug-overdose
On this date in 2010: Conan O'Brien makes final appearance as Tonight Show
host
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/conan-obrien-makes-final-appearance-as-tonight-show-host
Ten years ago:
South Dakota politician Bill Janklow was sentenced to 100 days in jail for
an auto accident that killed a motorcyclist, Randy Scott. (The 64-year-old
Republican was released on May 17, 2004.)
Enron Corp.'s former top accountant, Richard Causey, surrendered to federal
authorities; he pleaded not guilty to conspiracy and fraud charges. (Causey
later pleaded guilty to securities fraud and was sentenced to 5 1/2 years in
prison; he served 4 3/4 years.)
Actress-dancer Ann Miller died in Los Angeles at age 80.
Five years ago:
President Barack Obama signed an executive order to close the Guantanamo Bay
prison camp within a year (however, the facility remains in operation, with
Republican and some Democratic lawmakers repeatedly blocking efforts to
transfer terror suspects to the United States).
The Senate Finance Committee cleared the nomination of Timothy Geithner as
treasury secretary, 18-5, despite unhappiness over his mistakes in paying
his taxes.
A Chinese court sentenced two men to death and a dairy boss to life in
prison for their roles in producing and selling infant formula tainted with
melamine that was blamed for the deaths of at least six babies and sickening
thousands more.
One year ago:
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's hard-line bloc fared worse than
expected in a parliamentary election, forcing Netanyahu to negotiate a broad
coalition deal.
The U.N. Security Council unanimously approved a resolution condemning North
Korea's rocket launch in December 2012 and imposing new sanctions.
An Indonesian court sentenced Lindsay June Sandiford, a British grandmother,
to death for smuggling cocaine into Bali (Sandiford is appealing her
sentence).
Linda Pugach, who was blinded in 1959 when her lover, Burton Pugach, hired
hit men to throw lye in her face and became a media sensation after later
marrying him died in New York at age 75.
Today's Birthdays:
Former Senator Birch Bayh, D-Ind., is 86.
Actress Piper Laurie is 82.
Actor Seymour Cassel is 79.
Author Joseph Wambaugh is 77.
Actor John Hurt is 74.
Singer Steve Perry is 65.
Country singer-musician Teddy Gentry (Alabama) is 62.
Movie director Jim Jarmusch is 61.
Hockey Hall-of-Famer Mike Bossy is 57.
Actress Linda Blair is 55.
Actress Diane Lane is 49.
Actor-rap DJ Jazzy Jeff is 49.
Country singer Regina Nicks (Regina Regina) is 49.
Rhythm-and-blues singer Marc Gay (Shai) is 45.
Actress Katie Finneran (TV: "The Michael J. Fox Show") is 43.
Actor Gabriel Macht is 42.
Actor Balthazar Getty is 39.
Actor Christopher Kennedy Masterson is 34.
Pop singer Willa Ford is 33.
Actress Beverley (cq) Mitchell is 33.
Rock singer-musician Ben Moody is 33.
Actress-singer Phoebe Strole (TV: "Glee") is 31.
Actress Sami Gayle (TV: "Blue Bloods") is 18.
Thought for Today:
"I know there's a proverb which that says 'To err is human,' but a human
error is nothing to what a computer can do if it tries".
Dame Agatha Christie, English mystery writer (1890-1976).

*****Today in history by Alan Dicey:

Today In History, Today is Wednesday, January 29

On this date in 1936: U.S. Baseball Hall of Fame elects first members
On January 29, 1936, the U.S. Baseball Hall of Fame elects its first members
in Cooperstown, New York: Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Christy
Matthewson and Walter Johnson
On this date in 1777 : during the American Revolution, Americans retreat
from Fort Independence
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/americans-retreat-from-fort-independence

On this date in 1843 : William McKinley, first U.S. president to ride in a
car, is born
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/william-mckinley-first-us-president-to-ride-in-a-car-is-born

On this date in 1861 : during the Civil War, Kansas enters the Union as a
free state
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/kansas-enters-the-union
On this date in 1964 : Dr. Strangelove premieres
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/dr-strangelove-premieres

On this date in 1979 : School shooting in San Diego
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/school-shooting-in-san-diego
On this date in 1922 : Theater collapses in Washington, D.C.
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/theater-collapses-in-washington-dc

On this date in 1820 : King George III dies
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/king-george-iii-dies
On this date in 1861, : Divided Kansas enters the Union
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/divided-kansas-enters-the-union
On this date in 1891 : Liliuokalani proclaimed queen of Hawaii
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/liliuokalani-proclaimed-queen-of-hawaii
On this date in 1979 : Deng Xiaoping and Jimmy Carter sign accords
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/deng-xiaoping-and-jimmy-carter-sign-accords
On this date in 1958 : Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward marry
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/paul-newman-and-joanne-woodward-marry
On this date in 1845 : "The Raven" is published
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/the-raven-is-published
On this date in 1962 : Peter, Paul and Mary sign their first recording
contract
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/peter-paul-and-mary-sign-their-first-recording-contract
On this date in 1927 : Edward Abbey is born
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/edward-abbey-is-born
On this date in 1834 : President Jackson sends troops to put down labor riot
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/jackson-sends-troops-to-put-down-labor-riot
On this date in 1843 : William McKinley is born
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/william-mckinley-is-born

On this date in 1936 : Baseball Hall of Fame inducts first members
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/baseball-hall-of-fame-inducts-first-members
On this date in 1968 : during the Vietnam War President Johnson requests
additional funds
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/president-johnson-requests-additional-funds
On this date in 1974 : Fighting continues in South Vietnam
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/fighting-continues-in-south-vietnam
On this date in  1915 : during World War 1, German lieutenant Erwin Rommel
leads daring mission in France
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/german-lieutenant-erwin-rommel-leads-daring-mission-in-france
On this date in 1942 : during World War II Iran signs Treaty of Alliance
with Great Britain and USSR
http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/iran-signs-treaty-of-alliance-with-great-britain-and-ussr_______________________________________________

“We hope you enjoyed your day on Blind Café. Where the members matter most”.

JB Heart
Author of Children's Books and Novels
www.jbheart.net