It's a Scooby's Connect 3 Tuesday on Blind Cafe

Julie Parker

Feb 17, 2014, 11:22:40 PM2/17/14
to daily menu

Menu of Events

Good Morning Members, it’s a Scooby’s Connect 3 Tuesday on Blind Café!!

*Thanks to all our hosts and hostesses who work very hard to entertain our members.

**“We hope you enjoy your day on Blind Café”

Date: February 18th, 2014

****On the Menu every day is for our new members as it has instructions on how to subscribe to our chat list and Menu. Also it gives a description of what can be found in a room by hitting F6. All other members can skip this section and go down to our Senior Menu to find a quick guide to today’s events. Our next section The Classic Menu gives a description of how our games are played. Finally our Dessert Menu is at the bottom of the page and is filled with articles from our members.

*Some of our games are played on another site from one of our chat rooms as these game rooms are text only. For your convenience you can download RS Games, Quinton’s Playroom and Jim Kitchen’s Golf from our Winners Circle by pressing F6.

*BLIND CAFÉ’S Menu Favorites on the Menu every day:

*Check out our recipe on today’s menu in the Bistro, if you have a recipe that you would like to submit, please send it to ju...@blindcafe.net

*Located at the bottom of the menu you will find our Members Corner. Here we post Tid bits about Medical updates, Financial News, Today in history, zilch replays, Jokes, and other interesting articles sent in by our members.

. If you would like to submit an article please send it to ju...@blindcafe.net

*To chat to your friends on Blind Café go to blindcafech...@yahoogroups.com

*Blind Café recommends Cavi courses. If   you are interested in any Cavi courses you can visit:
www.cavitraining.com
or if you have any questions for Monica you can e mail her at:
mon...@ciscovision.org

*Mystery Theatre.  Press F6 and listen to one of our very own produced mini who dun nit plays, starring our very own Blind Café Members.

*Press F6 in our Faith Chapel and listen to one of Pastor Jonathon or Pastor Volly Nelson’s Sermons.

*Press F6 in The Pirate’s Cove and sail away to the Island with Jimmy Buffet.

*Press F6 in Laughing Leprechaun and enjoy the luck of the Irish.

*Gadget’s Tech Room. Hit F6 and hear instructions on how to use I Phone Ap’s.

*I didn’t know that learning Centre. Hit F6 and listen to our learning tutorials and self-defense presentations.

*Café Premier Events Room. Sit back, hit F6 and get ready to listen to our full length, hilariously funny Christmas play that our Blind Café members acted in. “What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas”

* Blind Café’s 2013, Murder in the Café Manor Halloween Horror Production by Julie P and Patti Woodworth

**Our 2013 Café Expresso Christmas Play, starring Willie and Jeannie Wilson as Santa and Mrs. Claus. See how our members turned into rogue toys and elves. Laugh along as poor Sweet P gets hit with the white stuff that she hates so much and last but not least, see how Lorraine runs Grandma over with the reindeer. For some reason Confetti and crew seem to have a hard time with getting Willie off the ground. Written and Produced by Julie Parker and Patti Woodworth, it’s definitely a must to listen to.

*T.V Land. Kick back, put your feet up, relax on one of our comfortable couches,   hit f 6 and watch one of our old time classic T.V shows.  We have more shows coming soon.

*The Café Comedy Lounge. Hit F6 and get ready for some great comedians like Jeff Dunham, Roy D Mercer, Rodney Carrington Songs, James Gregory,   Ron White, Larry the Cable Guy, Bill Cosby, Jeanne Roberson, Hee Haw Episodes  and our very own John Harris and Willie in the Copper Clapper! Enjoy a great laugh whenever you want to get happy!

*Movies, Movies, Movies:

We have over 600 described movies for your enjoyment. Come in to Willie’s cinema and watch the movie of your choice 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Press F6 from the main room window, and choose the movie you would like to play. Happy movie watching, and don’t forget to bring the popcorn.

**BLIND CAFÉ Senior Menu:

7 am Join Julie and the breakfast club crew in the Donut and Coffee shop. It’s sure to be a crazy morning full of laughs, especially if Pitti Pat pops in for a visit!

*10am Join Andrew for a game of Pig in the winners circle.

11am Teams to bowl against Terra and Gerald in the Dragon’s Strike Zone.

2 pm join your host Patti W and her computer Sparky for a game of Zilch!

7pm I-Phone Info with Jim. See you in Gadget’s Tech Room with your I-Phone questions!

8pm Wits and Weights with Sergeant Rock and Julie P.

9pm Join Scooby for Connect 3

10:15pm I doubt it in the winners circle. Join Shawn for a great game. RS Games needs to be downloaded. You can do this in the winners circle along with Quinton’s playroom and Jim Kitchen’s Golf.

***BLIND CAFÉ’S New Events Menu:

New Event:

Blind Café’s Bake Sale!

If you like Lorraine’s home made fudge, Karen’s Raspberry and cream filled cakes, Kathy’s cookies and Sweet P’s English Sausage Rolls then come to our bake sale and help support the site. Saturday April 5th, at 2pm in our Café Premier Events Room.

****BLIND CAFÉ’S Classic Menu includes times and explanations of games, please read below.  All times are Eastern Standard:

7 am The Donut and Coffee Shop opens:

 Join our breakfast club and find out about world events and what the weather is like in each others neck of the woods. If you are an early riser you will find one of us lingering around our freshly brewed coffee. If you like to dunk your donut, you had better grab one quick before Willie eats them all!

Join Julie P this morning for coffee and laughs.

10am Pig in The Winners Circle. Sponsored by Chris and Cheryl Spencer:

Join Andrew for a morning game of Pig.  Just keep rolling the dice until either your luck runs out or you bank your points. This game is like press your luck. If you like frustration, you will love playing this game.

11am Café Bowling in The Dragon’s Strike Zone:

Join Terra and Kathy along with Gerald and Latice for a morning’s game.

11:30 am the Bistro Opens Sponsored by Chris Spencer:

 Join us for lunchtime chat and sandwiches, croissants or try one of our French pastries for dessert.  Fresh on the Menu today. Sent in by Shawn.

Vegetables
Spinach Casserole
1 (16 ounce) carton cottage cheese
8 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, grated
1 (10 ounce) package chopped spinach, drained
3 eggs, beaten
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Spoon into buttered casserole. Bake 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
Makes 6 servings.

2pm Zilch in the Zilch out room:

Join Patti W and her computer Sparky for a game of Zilch. Just remember not to Zilch Out!

4pm I didn’t know that learning center. Blind Café Bowling:

Join Terry and sign up for our bowling League

4 pm Senior moments Sponsored by our Vets:

 Join Willie, Alan, Julie or Patti, for happy hour. Of course that’s if you can remember where the room is! If you have to hold the key down for an extra second because you can’t remember what you were going to say, don’t worry, you’re in the right room.

 I think!

7pm I-Phone Info with Jim in Gadget’s Tech Room. Sponsored by Jim O’Neal:

Join your host Jim with all your I-Phone questions.

8pm Wits and Weights in Games R Us. Sponsored by JB Heart:

Join your hosts Sergeant Rock and Julie P for this game where the team that comes closest to the correct answer, without going over, wins double the points that were bid by the opposing team!  It’s a fun and challenging game. Come on in and let us put you on a team!

9pm Connect 3 In Games R Us:

Join your host Scooby for an interesting game of Connect 3. Do you know what Door, Window and eye glasses could have in common? If you said a frame then this is the game for you. Come on by and let Scooby put you on a team!

10:15 I doubt it in The Winners Circle. Sponsored by Chris and Cheryl Spencer:

Join Shawn for a crazy game of I doubt it. RS Games must be downloaded to play. You can do this in the winners circle.

11pm Café after Dark Opens. Sponsored by Terra Lee:

  . Anyone for a late night chat? Let’s see who can stay awake the longest. If we survive until 7am we can always go down to the Donut and coffee shop and join the breakfast club where they meet every day.

*****BLIND CAFÉ’S what’s for Dessert Members Corner Menu:

*Tiffany’s Interesting Food facts of the day:

February 18
 National “Drink Wine” Day

  **Thought of the day:

Thanks Sharon for today’s thought of the day.

The older we get, the faster we should go after! What ever   it is we want!

***Today’s Joke of the day:

Now I thought the B-Flat singing cow was the worse joke I had ever heard but then came this one! Mercy Alan where do you get them? - I knew a farmer with a sick cow. The vet said it was the worst case of hay
fever he'd ever seen. Thanks Alan! -.
Of course! Boom Boom! Hahahahahahahah

What kids say sent in by Terry Scott:

A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8
year-olds, "What does love mean?"  The answers they got were broader
and deeper than did anyone could have imagined.  See what you think:

 "When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint
her toenails anymore.
 So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands
got arthritis too.  That's love."
 - Rebecca, age 8

"When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different.
 You know that your name is safe in their mouth."
 - Billy, age 4

"Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne
and they go out and smell each other."
 - Karl, age 5

"Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French
fries without making them give you any of theirs."
 - Chrissy, age 6

"Love is what makes you smile when you're tired."
 - Terri, age 4

"Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip
before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK."
 - Danny, age 7

"Love is when you kiss all the time. Then when you get tired of
kissing,you still want to be together and you talk more.
 My Mommy and Daddy are like that. They look gross when they kiss"
 - Emily, age 8

"Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening
presents and listen."
 - Bobby, age 7 (Wow!)

"If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend
who you hate."
 - Nikka, age 6

"There are two kinds of love.  Our love.  God's love.  But God makes
both kinds of them."
 - Jenny, age 8

"Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday."
 - Nancy, age 7

"Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still
pals even after they know each other so well."
 - Tommy, age 6

"During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared.
 I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and
smiling. He was the only one doing that.  I wasn't scared anymore."
 - Cindy, age 8

"My mommy loves me more than anybody.
 You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night."
 - Clare, age 6

"Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken."
 - Elaine, age 5

"Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and
 still says he is more handsomer than Robert Redford."
 - Chris, age 7

"Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone
all day."
 - Mary Ann, age 4

"I know my older sister loves me because she gives
 me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones."
 - Lauren, age 4

"When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down
 and little stars come out of you."
 - Karen, age 7

"You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it.
 But if you mean it, you should say it a lot.  People forget."

****Today in history by Alan Dicey:

On this day, January 17, 1996: Kasparov defeats chess-playing computer
In the final game of a six-game match, world chess champion Garry Kasparov
triumphs over Deep Blue, IBM's chess-playing computer, and wins the match,
4-2. However, Deep Blue goes on to defeat Kasparov in a heavily publicized
rematch the following year.
Garry Kasparov, considered one of the greatest players in the history of
chess, was born April 13, 1963, in the Russian republic of Azerbaijan. In
1985, at 22, Kasparov became the youngest world champion in history when he
defeated Anatoly Karpov.
Deep Blue's origins trace back to 1985, when Carnegie Mellon University
doctoral student Feng Hsiung Hsu began developing a chess-playing computer
called "ChipTest." The computer later became known as "Deep Thought," after
a machine in the science-fiction novel The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
by Douglas Adams. Hsu and his collaborators, Murray Campbell and Thomas
Anantharaman, were later hired by IBM, where they continued to work on the
chess-playing computer. In 1989, Gary Kasparov easily trounced Deep Thought
when they met for a 2-game match. The IBM team continued to refine their
supercomputer, which in 1993 was renamed "Deep Blue," a combination of Deep
Thought and Big Blue, IBM's nickname.
The six-game match between Kasparov and Deep Blue began on February 10,
1996, at the Pennsylvania Convention Center in Philadelphia. Although Deep
Blue was capable of evaluating 100 million different chess positions per
second, the IBM team wasn't sure how the computer would perform in
competition and Kasparov was favored to win. Instead, much to his
frustration, the world chess champ lost the first game to Deep Blue.
However, the tenacious, brilliant Kasparov quickly staged a comeback and won
the second game. The third and fourth games ended in a draw, while Kasparov
won the fifth game. On February 17, the human chess master triumphed over
Deep Blue in the sixth game and took the match, with a final score of 4-2.
A heavily publicized 6-game rematch between man and machine began on May 3,
1997. The IBM team had been working to upgrade Deep Blue since its 1996
defeat to Kasparov and the improved version of the computer was able to
examine 200 million different chess positions per second. Kasparov took the
first game while Deep Blue won the second. The third, fourth and fifth games
ended in a draw. On May 11, Deep Blue won the sixth as well as the match,
3.5 to 2.5. The victory was a huge publicity boost for IBM. A disgruntled
Kasparov suggested Deep Blue had been aided by some sort of human assistance
during the games, charges that IBM denied. Kasparov demanded a rematch, but
instead, IBM retired Deep Blue.
Kasparov retained his world chess champion title until 2000. In March 2005,
he announced his retirement from professional chess. In 2007, he became a
candidate for the Russian presidency.

“We hope you enjoyed your day on Blind Café. Where the members matter most” - Jessica, age 8

JB Heart
Author of Children's Books and Novels
www.jbheart.net