Book Review

Maria

Apr 25, 2009, 1:51:13 PM4/25/09
to The Cafe Corner Book Club
Hey Members,

Do any of you want to write a book review of a book you already read
and post it on the blog?

I would like some activity on the blog besides the schedule I outlined
for our book club.

If someone would like to do a book review for May. . .I would like it
to be posted some time around June 5th.

To do a book review, all you need to do is create a new post on the
blog.

Write the name of the book and the author.

Write a short synopsis of the book. You may copy and paste a synopsis
from one that is already written on the internet.

Write your review. Try to keep the review within 5 paragraphs. Don't
make the review too long but long enough that the readers can get an
idea of your personal view of the book.

Avoid writing any spoilers or how the book ended.

Don't write a story about the book. . .write what you think of the
book, your feelings about it. You can explain the characters but just
briefly if it helps to explain why you felt the way you did about the
book.

When you are done with writing your review, please "save" and don't
publish the review. I'll add photos and links as needed before
publishing the book.

Here's a link to a simple guide on how to write a book review:

http://www.pwcs.edu/schools/es/pattie/archive-pattie/summer%20reading/howtodoabookreview.htm

Here's a link to more "professional" guides to writing a book review:

http://www.lavc.edu/Library/bookreview.htm
http://www.writing-world.com/freelance/asenjo.shtml

Anyway, let me know if you're interested.

Maria

Maria

Apr 25, 2009, 1:57:15 PM4/25/09
to The Cafe Corner Book Club
Oops, I would like the book review posted sometime around May 5th.
Sorry, I was getting ahead of myself!!

Margie (MeScrap@rocketmail.com)

Apr 28, 2009, 12:41:44 AM4/28/09
to The Cafe Corner Book Club
Hi Maria!
Can this be on any book? genre? old? new?
or should it be something related to what we are reading for that
month?

Maria

Apr 28, 2009, 1:42:23 PM4/28/09
to The Cafe Corner Book Club
Hey Margie!

Your book review can be on any book that you read. It can be a book
you love, you hate, whatever!

Do you want to do a review? I'd like to have some activity on the
blog so it won't have only 2 or 3 post a month. I'm hoping for one
review a week. Want to take a try at it?

On Apr 27, 9:41 pm, "Margie (MeSc...@rocketmail.com)"

Theresa Bergen

Apr 28, 2009, 2:27:46 PM4/28/09
to the-cafe-cor...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I just saved a draft review for a book I read last week. I will probably post the review on Amazon too (I hardly ever buy a book without reading the other customers reviews, so I like to post my own in return,) but will wait until after it's been on the blog to do so.
--
Theresa Bergen,

Check out my Blog: http://goingscrapbooky.blogspot.com/

Maria

Apr 28, 2009, 4:37:15 PM4/28/09
to The Cafe Corner Book Club
Hi Theresa,

Cool Theresa!! It's awesome that you'll be doing a review!!

When you have a chance, post your review on the blog by creating a
"new post". After you created the review, don't publish it! I'll be
adding photos and links to the post before publishing it. It'll be
saved as a draft until I want it posted on the blog. Remember, don't
"publish" the post, just "save".

If you have any questions regarding posting on the blog, feel free to
email me!
> > month?- Hide quoted text -

Theresa Bergen

Apr 28, 2009, 6:02:14 PM4/28/09
to the-cafe-cor...@googlegroups.com
OK Maria, it's already saved in the drafts.

Maria

Apr 28, 2009, 8:30:09 PM4/28/09
to The Cafe Corner Book Club
Awesome review Theresa. I'll post it some time next week after we get
all the book suggestion, voting, and selection done.

Thank you for the review.

Anyone else want to do a review? Margie?

Margie (MeScrap@rocketmail.com)

Apr 29, 2009, 3:12:11 AM4/29/09
to The Cafe Corner Book Club
Oi! I commented back, but don't see it here! Sorry!

Yes, I would love to give it a try Maria :)
I will work on it this weekend!

Theresa Bergen

Apr 29, 2009, 7:30:48 AM4/29/09
to the-cafe-cor...@googlegroups.com
No problem, Maria...glad you liked it!
--
Theresa Bergen,

Sent: Tuesday, April 28, 2009 8:30:09 PM GMT -05:00 US/Canada Eastern
Subject: [ ] Re: Book Review

Maria

Apr 30, 2009, 11:06:53 AM4/30/09
to The Cafe Corner Book Club
Can't wait to see your review Margie

On Apr 29, 12:12 am, "Margie (MeSc...@rocketmail.com)"

amberstar

May 19, 2009, 5:30:45 PM5/19/09
to The Cafe Corner Book Club
Can I post a review? Does it need to be from a specific genre?

Maria

May 19, 2009, 6:02:59 PM5/19/09
to The Cafe Corner Book Club
Hi Amber!

Sure, it would be fabulous if you post a review. Be sure to "save"
your review, I'll publish the reviews when there's no activities going
on like the discussions.

Maria