Cooking videos

Amanda

Feb 2, 2013, 4:52:02 PM2/2/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone like to watch cooking videos? I adore them! I would love to watch more good ones, so please link if you know of any. Here are some of my favorites:
(warning, internet black hole ahead! hours wasted! caution!)

  • Alain Passard is a French vegetables master. Here is a video of him creating a delicious-looking apple-endive dish, and here is a video of him making a delicate onion and egg dish that would be perfect with tea for a sophisticated brunch. Both dishes look pretty feasible to prepare, so I might try them out soon! More of his vidoes located here.
  • Yotam Ottolenghi has a show called Mediterranean Feast, in which he travels through Turkey, Israel, Morocco, Tunisia, and more, exploring the various mouth-watering, vibrant, summery cuisines of each country. I really want to try to make the amazing looking shakshouka shown here for brunch, and this video of a little restaurant right next to the crashing waves of the Mediterranean sea is giving me heart palpitations from missing summer so much (and summer is not even my favorite season!).
  • If you want to learn some basic Japanese recipes, the youtube channel Cooking with Dog is perfect (and really cute, reminds me of Cooking Mama!). I tried making katsu-don a few times and it came out really well (and is cheap!), and the one for omurice is an interesting take on eggs (and also cheap!).