Tonight I am making...

hotelst...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2013, 5:47:34 PM1/10/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
Spicy Tuna Pasta: http://wednesdaychef.typepad.com/the_wednesday_chef/2005/08/barbutos_bucati.html
(minus the chickpeas, mint, and shallot but that's fine)

The photo may not be that attractive but this pasta is GOOD! I really hate pasta in red sauce for some reason (too acidic or something?), so pasta dishes that only use olive oil and seasonings are my favorite. Also this is cheap and makes leftovers that you can bring to work the next day for lunch.

Amanda

Jan 11, 2013, 5:59:53 PM1/11/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
Tonight I am making these guys again: http://wednesdaychef.typepad.com/the_wednesday_chef/2006/12/azizeh_koshkis_.html

Cheapish especially since I switched out chicken thighs for the chicken breasts it calls for.

Amanda

Jan 12, 2013, 6:25:47 PM1/12/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
I feel like breakfast for dinner after the lazy at-home Saturday I just had, so ill be making these yummy pancakes: http://www.thewednesdaychef.com/the_wednesday_chef/2012/11/delia-smiths-pancakes-with-lemon-and-sugar.html

I love the sour tartness of the lemon, sweet crunch of the sugar, and hot-off-the-griddle, crepe-like, custardy pancakes...

Amanda

Jan 13, 2013, 6:19:57 PM1/13/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
It's strangely hot & humid in Atlanta, so to cool off I'm making this Vietnamese salad again.

I've been making a lot of things for the second time after only trying the recipe out once and it seems like the second time always comes out worse? The pancakes yesterday took a lot of finangling with the flour/egg/milk balance and the heat of the pan, and the chicken matzo ball soup was really yummy according to Adam but I was not such a fan this time... strange! Hopefully the salad turns out as delicious as it was last time.

Karen Bowness

Jan 14, 2013, 11:12:35 AM1/14/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
if it's been really humid (and wasn't the first time you made the pancakes) then that could play into that -- the weather definitely makes a difference!

Elise Nussbaum

Jan 19, 2013, 4:09:00 PM1/19/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
Tonight I am making... Jalapeño Popper Mac and Cheese, with this recipe:

But am not going to skip the bread crumbs and baking step, because that sounds way more popper-y to me.

Plus something green on the side, of course.

Karen Bowness

Jan 19, 2013, 7:31:59 PM1/19/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
I am making the veggie pot pie from budget bytes tonight! But with added chicken thigh. Mmm, thigh. We shall see how my biscuit skills are!

Karen Bowness

Jan 19, 2013, 8:15:58 PM1/19/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
Update: if you like veggie pot pie, make this! The biscuit was fast and easy and delicious. The trick, I think, is to handle the dough as little as possible.

Yum!

Camelia Stan

Jan 20, 2013, 7:01:27 PM1/20/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
Tuna cannellini salad! takes ten minutes, leftovers for lunch. Yum!

psil...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2013, 9:42:29 PM2/2/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
I made this tonight. It was so easy and delicious! I was prancing around feeling quite pleased with myself all night! It was pretty inexpensive and there's SO much leftover.

Rosebud

Feb 10, 2013, 10:58:15 PM2/10/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
Tonight I made Teriyaki Salmon and an Edamame salad along with some rice.  Recipes:  http://budgetbytes.blogspot.ca/2011/09/teriyaki-salmon-w-sriracha-mayo-1394.html and http://budgetbytes.blogspot.ca/2009/12/edamame-and-carrot-salad-274-recipe-046.html.  I was going to make cocnut rice, but that felt like too much extra work for some reason.

Karen Bowness

Feb 11, 2013, 11:16:08 AM2/11/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
not tonight (SO's dinner turn) but tomorrow, i am making a 'what's in my fridge' meal, which I find a great challenge, and satisfying to plan. also, i don't have to wade through slush to go to the store. I have in my fridge: white kidney beans, turkey sausage, tomato sauce, an onion, garlic, polenta, parmesan. i'll saute the onion and the sausage together with some oil until it looks delicious, add in the tomato sauce and let it simmer until it gets thick, season at will. cook the polenta in chicken broth and butter, simmer for a bit, dump in parm. then once everything looks like it will be delicious, top a pile of polenta with the sausage and beans. so good!