Food Blogs

Amanda

Jan 24, 2013, 6:51:56 AM1/24/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
What blogs do you read about food? (BESIDES Smitten Kitchen and Budget Bytes, haha)

I love The Wednesday Chef - http://www.thewednesdaychef.com/, I think the majority of my recipes come from there.

I also really there And Here We Are - http://and-here-we-are.blogspot.com/. Its a small mommy blog about 'living internationally' (England currently), a paleo diet, home brewery, making sausages, and more, but (and?) I really like it for some reason.

Lobstersquad - http://lobstersquad.blogspot.com/. Blog written by Spanish professional illustrator living in Scotland. Tightly focused on food, lots of unusual food ideas. I haven't tried any recipes yet but I love the quirky illustrations she makes for each post.

Kate Chtistensen's Blog - http://katechristensen.wordpress.com/. This was posted on the Hairpin a while back and I really enjoy her luscious descriptions of food, although not always her tone.

What about y'all?

Karen Bowness

Jan 24, 2013, 11:16:56 AM1/24/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
my most-frequently-bookmarked blogs in my food folder are as follows:

Oh She Glows - Vegan, but this omnivore doesn't mind

These are all sort of lifestyle-with-food, although for a couple I only follow (RSS is great) the cooking/food tags.

Emily

Jan 24, 2013, 12:44:58 PM1/24/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
Poor Girl Eats Well: Her pricing is really off for me, though, I think because she lives in a different part of the country and has access to stuff like Trader Joe's and year-round farmer's markets.

The Bitten Word: They try out recipes from food magazines

Michelle Rose

Jan 25, 2013, 9:06:14 PM1/25/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
She Simmers (Thai food), Hungry Sofia (Latin American food of all kinds), and sometimes The Homesick Texan (what it sounds like). I think She Simmers is my favorite.

Thanks, Emily, for the Bitten Word recommendation! I love it already.

Amanda

Jan 26, 2013, 2:21:16 PM1/26/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
Oh man, Hungry Sofia is right up my alley. This week I making croquetas without a doubt! The beef stew looks SO good too! Thank you.

Rosebud

Jan 26, 2013, 8:05:30 PM1/26/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
I also like Steamy Kitchen for quick asiany type meals

Rosebud

Jan 27, 2013, 9:02:20 PM1/27/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
Also, someone linked to the Amateur Gourmet site for a recipe for Lentils and Bacon and I am intrigued the site overall, so it might be worth checking Miiiiight not be the most budget friendly though.

Elise Nussbaum

Feb 9, 2013, 1:54:32 PM2/9/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com
Just saw this on the NY Times website and it made me think of y'all:

They all look pretty good to me!

Amanda

Feb 20, 2013, 6:58:01 AM2/20/13
to the-billfold-mea...@googlegroups.com