Metal Flowers Sunday

Maryly Snow

May 16, 2024, 6:22:44 PMMay 16
to the-alameda-county-b...@googlegroups.com
We’re meeting at my West Oakland studio this coming Sunday to make metal flowers for
the ACBA prize-winning booth at the Alameda County Fair.

Rob will teach us how to make them.

My studio is located in the Filbert Street Studios at the NE corner of Filbert & 30th St,
2 blocks west of San Pablo Ave at 30th St, and 10 blocks south of Emeryville.

Please ring Unit #14 on the intercom so I can buzz you in remotely. The intercom will ring my cell
 phone. When I buzz you in, you’ll notice that the intercom buzzer is way too quiet! But the LED display
will read “Access Granted.” So open the gate and come in!

There is street parking only.

My studio is the second on the left, and we’ll be working upstairs.

I’d love a loose head count so I know how much of my upstairs work tables
need to be cleared off.

If you have a empty tin cans (with the labels painted on!) or a pair of metal snips or
an extra hot glue gun please bring those along.

I have a stash of bandaids just in case…

Maryly Snow
3016 Filbert St #14
Oakland CA 94608

Rob Mathews, 2024 ACBA President

May 22, 2024, 7:29:01 PMMay 22
to The Alameda County Beekeepers Association
Thank you, Maryly, for hosting this! Everyone there had fun! Your art studio is a really great space.

Here's a couple of pictures of the flowers made so far (unfortunately I don't have pictures of the very best ones, which were 12-year-old Brielle's):

IMG_2643.jpg
IMG_2644.jpg
If there's anyone out there who's made their own upcycled flowers for the fair booth, let me know and we can pick them up.