Three volunteers needed for the county fair booth this Friday

Rob Mathews, 2024 ACBA President

Jul 1, 2024, 3:13:49 PMJul 1
to The Alameda County Beekeepers Association
Hi Folks!

We've had three Alameda County Fair booth volunteer cancellations for Friday July 5, so I'm asking people (that's you!) to fill in. There are spots available from 2:45 to 6 PM, and from 5:45 to 9 PM.

You get a free parking pass and ticket to the fair. It's okay to volunteer again if you've already done it.

You can sign up on the fair calendar page. There's more information about volunteering for the fair on the general fair info page.

Thanks to everyone who is already volunteered. I'll take this opportunity to share something really cool that yesterday's booth volunteer Danny Williamson saw -- this really neat female Flame Skimmer dragonfly just landed on the booth table next to the exhibition gloves, perhaps attracted by the scent:

image000001.jpgimage000000.jpgimage000002.jpg

Danny successfully relocated her to the garden.

What will you find at the fair?!

gmau...@earthlink.net

Jul 1, 2024, 4:15:56 PMJul 1
to The Alameda County Beekeepers Association
That dragon fly was trapped in the building when I was at the booth 6/22.  Amazing that someone was able to catch and release it.  It's appetite is now the only limit on how many queens it manages to take out during their mating flights.