Masterclass on Hive Tools/Smoker - In-Person

Jennifer Radtke

Jul 12, 2024, 1:23:24 PM (5 days ago) Jul 12
to The Alameda County Beekeepers Association
Up your game with inspecting in my upcoming in-person class!  Online I'll be teaching a Prep for Winter class in August (preparations start early!).  Take care, Jennifer

Hive Inspection Master Class on Tools - In-Person!
Saturday, July 20th, 9am-10:30am, $25
@ BioFuel Oasis Cooperative, 1441 Ashby Ave., Berkeley
Learn how to use the hive tools to remove frames and boxes seamlessly, so the bees barely notice your presence. You'll also learn how to light your smoker, keep it lit, and how to smoke. This class is in-person. We'll be practicing with the tools, but not with the bees. This way we can focus on our technique and not be distracted by the bees.

Prepare Your Hive for Winter 2-Part Class - Online!
Sundays, August 4th & 11th, 6:30pm-8pm, $45

Preparing your hive for winter involves shrinking the hive down, leaving them enough honey, protecting against robber bees & yellow jackets and much more!  This class is online & you will get recordings to watch/download.