Sidewalk Bees

Phil Stob

Jul 10, 2024, 11:12:03 AM (7 days ago) Jul 10
to The Alameda County Beekeepers Association
Last night at the meeting, a returning member mentioned a colony of bees along a sidewalk.
There is a chance that it might be another one of these rare bee colonies.

While not native to here, they will adapt just fine, although rare.  This may be a news worthy discovery.

I apologies for not recording the returning members name.   All full intentions to strike up a conversation after the presentation, but I got distracted.

Cheers, Phil

Phil Stob

Jul 10, 2024, 12:04:21 PM (7 days ago) Jul 10
to The Alameda County Beekeepers Association
And here are some better stats on observations in the bay area on i-Naturalist.

Native bees are generally solitary.   So any bees making a colony is not likely to be native to Ca.

Cheers, Phil