Job Opening

1 view

Tiffany Keenan

Sep 10, 2012, 6:22:59 PM9/10/12
to Cap Haitian Health Network, Haiti Connection Google Group
Seeking: Director for Small Orphanage in Jacmel, Haiti

Kay Angel (www.kayangel.org) is home to twelve children, ages four to eleven.  Four are HIV-positive, one suffers from cerebral palsy.  Its standards are among the highest in Haiti.  Kay Angel is supported by a foundation in The Netherlands and a non-profit in Los Angeles, CA.

In June 2012, Kay Angel's then-director Lia van de Donk passed away after a long battle with cancer.  She had been managing the orphanage for four years with the help of local staff.  We are now looking for that rare individual who can continue Lia's legacy.

The right candidate must
-- love children
-- have experience living and working in Haiti
-- be fluent in English and Creole (French is a plus)
-- have excellent organizational, communications and management skills
-- be committed to serve at least one year, but ideally longer-term.

Educational skills and medical training are welcome, but not required.

This is a full-time position at that delicate intersection of Haitian and Western cultures.  It requires tolerance yet persistence, attention to detail yet an eye for the big picture, and the ability to comfort a child while using QuickBooks.

We are a secular organization, but we do understand the importance of Christianity to many Haitians and, more so, to the missionaires working here.  As long as the candidate's and our organization's values align, we are open to hiring someone whose faith has compelled them to help the needy in this country.

We offer living quarters at the orphanage plus a salary of US$1,500 per month, enough to live on comfortably in Haiti.

Please submit your resume to Martin Schmitt at mar...@kayangel.org.