Twitter handle

Brian Croxall

Sep 14, 2010, 11:04:59 AM9/14/10
to thatcamp-southeast
Hi all,

When setting up our Twitter Account for THATCamp SE, we chose the handle @THATCamp_SE over @THATCampSE (in part to avoid any goatse connections). It appears that there is a @THATCampSE account anyway, and I wondered if anyone on this list had set it up. I think we'd be better off having only one landing spot for the Camp on Twitter.

If people prefer, we could change the Twitter name to @thatcampSE once the other account is removed.

Thanks, and I'll see you (some of you) tonight at Manuel's!
Brian

Miriam Posner

Sep 14, 2010, 11:07:32 AM9/14/10
to thatcamp-...@googlegroups.com
Not me!

mp

Mark Sample

Sep 14, 2010, 11:32:13 AM9/14/10
to thatcamp-...@googlegroups.com
As much as I would like to claim making the CampSE account, it wasn't me!

--
Dr. Mark L. Sample
Assistant Professor of English

Stewart Varner

Sep 14, 2010, 11:35:37 AM9/14/10
to thatcamp-...@googlegroups.com
I remember that afternoon when everything was getting set up ... I was trying to get a Twitter account at the same time Brian was.  I wonder if I accidentally set this up.  Will check on that and report back
--
http://www.google.com/profiles/stewart.varner

Stewart Varner

Sep 14, 2010, 12:21:20 PM9/14/10
to thatcamp-...@googlegroups.com
@THATCampSE seems to be deactivated now ... not sure if I did that or not.

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tonight

Brian Croxall

Sep 14, 2010, 1:05:08 PM9/14/10
to thatcamp-...@googlegroups.com
Through a complicated series of maneuvers, it appears that I might have been the person that set up the account as well as the person that forgot it. However that happened, I got in and I deactivated the account.

As a quick poll, do people think that @thatcamp_SE is preferable to @thatcampSE? Since the latter is now gone, I could switch the real account to that if it's more natural. I personally hate the underscore in things, but goatse associations aren't desirable either.

Brian

George H. Williams

Sep 14, 2010, 1:07:38 PM9/14/10
to thatcamp-...@googlegroups.com
I vote for @thatcampSE!

Yours,

--George
___________________________
http://GeorgeHWilliams.net

Michael J. Altman

Sep 14, 2010, 1:15:30 PM9/14/10
to thatcamp-...@googlegroups.com
I second @thatcampSE. I'm not a big fan of the underscore.

-Mike

Michael J. Altman
PhD Student, American Religious Cultures
Graduate Division of Religion
Emory University

Morse Jr., Wayne

Sep 14, 2010, 1:19:28 PM9/14/10
to thatcamp-...@googlegroups.com
Here is a third for “thatcampSE.”  Eliminating the underscore potentially eliminates several questions.

Wayne

Wayne H. Morse Jr.
Director, Emory’s Center for Interactive Teaching (ECIT)
Emory University
University Technology Services
Woodruff Library
Atlanta, Georgia
--

Brian Croxall wrote  on 9/14/2010 11:04 AM:

Hi all,

When setting up our Twitter Account for THATCamp SE, we chose the handle @THATCamp_SE over @THATCampSE (in part to avoid any goatse connections). It appears that there is a @THATCampSE account anyway, and I wondered if anyone on this list had set it up. I think we'd be better off having only one landing spot for the Camp on Twitter.

If people prefer, we could change the Twitter name to @thatcampSE once the other account is removed.

Thanks, and I'll see you (some of you) tonight at Manuel's!
Brian

prohibited.

Derek

Sep 14, 2010, 3:58:35 PM9/14/10
to THATCamp Southeast
I'm not a fan of the underscore either. And I had no idea what goatse
was until I just Googled it. Thanks a lot, Brian.

Derek

On Sep 14, 12:05 pm, Brian Croxall <b.crox...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Through a complicated series of maneuvers, it appears that I might have been
> the person that set up the account as well as the person that forgot it.
> However that happened, I got in and I deactivated the account.
>
> As a quick poll, do people think that @thatcamp_SE is preferable to
> @thatcampSE? Since the latter is now gone, I could switch the real account
> to that if it's more natural. I personally hate the underscore in things,
> but goatse associations aren't desirable either.
>
> Brian
>
> On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Stewart Varner
> <stewart.var...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > @THATCampSE seems to be deactivated now ... not sure if I did that or not.
>
> > I'm looking forward to seeing everyone tonight
>
> > On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 11:35 AM, Stewart Varner <stewart.var...@gmail.com
> > > wrote:
>
> >> I remember that afternoon when everything was getting set up ... I was
> >> trying to get a Twitter account at the same time Brian was.  I wonder if I
> >> accidentally set this up.  Will check on that and report back

Susan Wells Parham

Sep 14, 2010, 4:00:48 PM9/14/10
to thatcamp-...@googlegroups.com

Derek,

Neither did I...

swp

--
Susan Wells Parham
Research Data Librarian

Brian Croxall

Sep 14, 2010, 4:51:23 PM9/14/10
to thatcamp-...@googlegroups.com
Curses. Apologies all for the confrontation with goatse. That was definitely not my intent.

I'll change the Twitter handle.
Brian

Brian Croxall

Sep 14, 2010, 4:53:06 PM9/14/10
to thatcamp-...@googlegroups.com
Hmm. It's not letting me change the handle at the moment. There might need to be a few days to purge the previous THATCampSE from the system before a new one can be created. I'll monitor the situation.

Brian

stewart...@gmail.com

Sep 14, 2010, 7:11:50 PM9/14/10
to Susan Wells Parham, thatcamp-...@googlegroups.com
Miriam, Andy and I are at Manuel's.  Anyone else here?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

Karen Petruska

Sep 14, 2010, 7:38:03 PM9/14/10
to thatcamp-...@googlegroups.com
I hit a deadline--tomorrow.  So I am desperately writing.  I'm sorry!  But I hope you will share some notes about what you discuss.
~Karen Petruska