Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Brian Croxall

ungelesen,
13.12.2010, 14:05:2313.12.10
an thatcamp-southeast
Hi all,

We're entering the time where we're trying to scare up some more funds for THATCamp SE. We've been told that most THATCamps cost on the order of $3000, and some of that (approximately $1000) can be recouped when we pass the hat at the Camp itself. The money in the past has gone to pay for food (coffee, pastries for 2 days' breakfasts; lunch for 1 day), name tags, and t-shirts.

As you may know, the principal organizers of this event are all based at Emory. We've secured money from a couple of organizations here, but we would also like this to be not entirely Emory-centric. It's not that Emory shouldn't have enough money for this so much as trying to make this a truly regional event. In my opinion, I think it would be great if Emory wasn't hosting the next TC SE for the same reason.

In any case, we're trying to identify organizations that might be interested in supporting TC SE. We're open to a wide range of contributions since, after all, we want to get a number of institutions feeling like they have some ownership/investment in the Camp. Our question to you, since we're a widely dispersed group, is who do you know that we should be talking to about donations--even small ones? Digital Humanities centers are a logical first idea, but other university units are equally logical.

Thanks for your help in crowdsourcing this,
Brian
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten