THATCamp in a box (also BootCamp)

Brian Croxall

Jul 14, 2010, 12:20:47 PM7/14/10
to thatcamp-southeast
Here's the information I received from Amanda French about THATCamp-in-a-box. At the moment, it includes logos, WP software, a customizable THATCamp theme, and some registration plugins. They're also going to make more material available by the end of September. I don't know that we should wait that long to launch a site (we want to get on people's calendars), but if we wanted to upgrade, it probably wouldn't be too hard. And it wouldn't be the worst thing ever to wait a bit.

You'll also see from Amanda's email below that there is the possibility that we could host our site on thatcamp.org. There's some advantage to that if the Emory Blogs domain doesn't end up being as customizable as we'd like.

I definitely think we should be exploring the BootCamp plan.

Brian

Jul 14, 2010, 2:31:15 PM7/14/10
to thatcamp-...@googlegroups.com
Awesome. I'm interested in taking advantage in as much material and hosting as we can get our hands on from THATcamp HQ. In my mind, September is not too long to wait to get a site up (as long as they think they'll really meet that deadline). I think a BootCamp is a good idea.

MP