Training Ahrouns

crusher.bonegnawer

Dec 8, 2014, 3:14:33 PM12/8/14
to TGN_CiB
At another time, Crusher again howls for all the cliath and fostern Ahrouns to assemble by him. He is near the challenge area. When you get there you see him practicing with his axes while in Crinos. He will wait to see who gathers.

Crusher
Rough coat fighter for Rat
Adren of the nation
Alpha of Second Chances

crusher.bonegnawer

Dec 20, 2014, 3:55:29 PM12/20/14
to crusher.bonegnawer, TGN_CiB
((BUMP DANG IT) ;)

Crusher
Rough coat fighter for Rat
Adren of the nation
Alpha of Second Chances

Samantha Hendron

Dec 20, 2014, 9:07:14 PM12/20/14
to crusher.bonegnawer, TGN_CiB
Even though she isn't an Ahroun, Harper comes into view and sits on a nearby bench to observe curiously.

Lightning Way

Dec 23, 2014, 11:05:45 PM12/23/14
to Samantha Hendron, crusher.bonegnawer, TGN_CiB
Lightning Way pads up somewhat cautiously in lupus. Her body language says that she is nervous, but willing to learn.  "We should never stop learning.  What do you have in mind?"

Crusher

Dec 23, 2014, 11:17:00 PM12/23/14
to Lightning Way, Samantha Hendron, TGN_CiB
Crusher smiles, "Combat training and tactics. But first I want to know what you know about fighting and your purpose as anb ahroun?"

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

Shawn Yandl

Dec 27, 2014, 10:30:54 AM12/27/14
to tgn...@googlegroups.com, gara...@rocketmail.com
Bruce wanders over quickly, saluting Crusher with a nod of his head and waving at anyone else who is present.  "Sorry, was pretty far away when the howl went up.  What can I do for ya Crusher?"

crusher.bonegnawer

Dec 30, 2014, 2:05:36 PM12/30/14
to Shawn Yandl, tgn...@googlegroups.com
Crusher smiles at Bruce, "I am gonna train you ahrouns on combat, but first I want to know what you both can do, and answer the question what is the purpose of an Ahroun."

Crusher
Rough coat fighter for Rat
Adren of the nation
Alpha of Second Chances

Shawn Yandl

Dec 30, 2014, 2:44:53 PM12/30/14
to crusher.bonegnawer, tgn...@googlegroups.com
Brice nods at Crusher, "To me the purpose of being Ahroun is to seek out and destroy the enemies of our great mother, Gaia.  To help those who are not able to help themselves, and to lead others against our enemies.  As to what I can do?"  he asks as he ponders a bit.  "I can fight.  I am better at it in my Hispo form that with the weapons of men.  I can look at the field of battle and see the best layout and my use in situations.  I can talk to and take care of the humans who are unable to do so for themselves."  He looks at Crusher.

crusher.bonegnawer

Jan 5, 2015, 12:24:00 AM1/5/15
to tgn...@googlegroups.com
"And you Lighting Way?"

Crusher
Rough coat fighter for Rat
Adren of the nation
Alpha of Second Chances

Lightning Way

Jan 8, 2015, 9:00:45 PM1/8/15
to tgn...@googlegroups.com
"It means to be the first into battle and the last one to lead.  It means to be a leader that inspires the others to be strong in battle.  I fight well with my teeth, but I have used very few weapons.  I like to stay with me strengths."

crusher.bonegnawer

Jan 8, 2015, 9:22:01 PM1/8/15
to tgn...@googlegroups.com
Crusher nods "Good answers from both of you. So what is the first thing you do when you walk into a conflict situation. For ease I will use the example of a challenge, one on one. Then imagine your self in a pack facing another pack, then as an ahroun in sept facing another sept."

Crusher
Rough coat fighter for Rat
Adren of the nation
Alpha of Second Chances

Shawn Yandl

Jan 8, 2015, 10:34:07 PM1/8/15
to crusher.bonegnawer, tgn...@googlegroups.com
Bruce thinks for a bit before responding.  "On a one on one battle I would have tried to do research as to the person's chosen preference for fighting and then work to negate that ability while fighting my in a way that takes advantage of my strengths and his or her weaknesses.  Pack on pack, I prefer to lead using my tactical advantages gifted to me by my Auspice.  True Fear and Falling touch to knock the numbers of opponents into my packs favor then focus fire targets down.  In a sept to sept battle I would probably do something similar but on a larger scale.  I would have the other Ahrouns neutralize threats while having packs focus fire key targets until it is done.  Are these solid strategies?"  He looks at Cursher.

crusher.bonegnawer

Jan 8, 2015, 10:52:14 PM1/8/15
to Shawn Yandl, tgn...@googlegroups.com
Crusher nods "Those are good starts, but you may want to consider the weak point of those, One on One, If I challenged you now, when would you have time to do research? Pack, why aren't you using your pack strengths? Sept, Just ahrouns? What of other packs and auspices?"

Crusher
Rough coat fighter for Rat
Adren of the nation
Alpha of Second Chances

Shawn Yandl

Jan 8, 2015, 10:55:57 PM1/8/15
to crusher.bonegnawer, tgn...@googlegroups.com
Bruce nods at Crusher's wise words, "To be honest man I have spent most my life living and fighting alone.  I am doing my best now that I have a home and friends but I am still learning their strengths."

crusher.bonegnawer

Jan 8, 2015, 11:00:37 PM1/8/15
to Shawn Yandl, tgn...@googlegroups.com
Crusher smiles "Humility is the best start for an ahroun, you recognize your own weakness first, then can maximize it to build up your strengths. You know that five auspices correct? What are they best suited for in a preparatory situation, combat situation and follow up situation?"

Crusher
Rough coat fighter for Rat
Adren of the nation
Alpha of Second Chances

Shawn Yandl

Jan 8, 2015, 11:04:48 PM1/8/15
to crusher.bonegnawer, tgn...@googlegroups.com
I know their jobs in the nation, "I just haven't fought with most the others.  I never much been in the shit with any of em really as of yet.  Kind of why I am trying to find a pack and family.  I was gonna go with Brook and Harper but they are never really around.  Harper seems to interested in her movies and fame for my taste, so I do not know."  Bruce shrugs and seems genuinely frustrated.

crusher.bonegnawer

Jan 9, 2015, 12:35:44 AM1/9/15
to Shawn Yandl, tgn...@googlegroups.com
Crusher smirks "The purpose of an ahroun is to inspire others to do things they are meant to do. We focus on what needs to be done. Whether we are alone or not. You are an Ahroun, we fight in any situation and all situations. If you feel alone, you are not, you are in sept, tribe and nation. There are other ahrouns you can learn from and challenge and grow with, you are never alone.

Now having a pack doesn't mean you don't know how to employ the other auspices for an attack, or know how to exploit their weakness when they are your enemy. For example, when defending Nine Springs I took on a pack of Black Spiral Dancers by myself. using quick judgement based on my for knowledge of pack formation and auspices I was able to use quick judgement to disable two members of the pack and pursue three targets, making it a much easier battle. I first heard, using my hearing, the Galliard using call of the Wyrm, so I used my ax to break his windpipe. I then used my ability to see the primal urges of the pack and I true feared their alpha who was of higher rank than I. This made the threat small and manageable until others could arrive and assist me in the battle. I was alone, but I new there was a sept around me and they would eventually show up."

He clears his throat,"This is why I called all the ahrouns, I am going to teach you how to do this and what you need to learn to strengthen yourselves against the enemy and lead Gaia's warriors."

Crusher
Rough coat fighter for Rat
Adren of the nation
Alpha of Second Chances

Shawn Yandl

Jan 9, 2015, 1:07:39 AM1/9/15
to crusher.bonegnawer, tgn...@googlegroups.com
Bruce beams at Crusher before he reigns himself under control.  "Your  wisdom is most welcome Crusher-Ryha."

crusher.bonegnawer

Jan 9, 2015, 1:12:11 AM1/9/15
to tgn...@googlegroups.com
Crusher nods with approval "So Lightning Way, what do you have to say?"

Crusher
Rough coat fighter for Rat
Adren of the nation
Alpha of Second Chances

Lightning Way

Jan 9, 2015, 10:33:31 AM1/9/15
to tgn...@googlegroups.com
"I make mistakes like every Cliath.  I am still learning.  You have much to say and it will be good to learn how best to apply myself and others.  Going into a fight with others that are strong where you are weak is best."

crusher.bonegnawer

Jan 10, 2015, 1:53:20 PM1/10/15
to tgn...@googlegroups.com
Crusher nods "Even those of us with much experience can make mistakes, but it what we do with them that makes us stronger or hinder us. So lets start with the fundamental. How well trained are you both is the basic hand to hand, or tooth and claw?"

Crusher
Rough coat fighter for Rat
Adren of the nation
Alpha of Second Chances

crusher.bonegnawer

Jan 14, 2015, 3:47:51 PM1/14/15
to crusher.bonegnawer, tgn...@googlegroups.com
(Bump)

Crusher
Rough coat fighter for Rat
Adren of the nation
Alpha of Second Chances

Shawn Yandl

Jan 15, 2015, 7:28:48 PM1/15/15
to crusher.bonegnawer, tgn...@googlegroups.com
"I generally rely on my natural weapons and the gifts I have been granted by the spirits."

crusher.bonegnawer

Jan 15, 2015, 7:37:44 PM1/15/15
to tgn...@googlegroups.com
Crusher nods "That is a basic understanding, so when you face an oppent you do not know, like that viscous zombie garou behind you what do you?"

(Using Phantasm and Palm Tree together to create the illusion of a viscous zombie garou about to attack Bruce. it's dressed like the Joker.)

Crusher
Rough coat fighter for Rat
Adren of the nation
Alpha of Second Chances

Shawn Yandl

Jan 15, 2015, 7:49:37 PM1/15/15
to crusher.bonegnawer, tgn...@googlegroups.com
Bruce flies into motion trying to falling touch the creature and then attack.

crusher.bonegnawer

Jan 15, 2015, 8:20:31 PM1/15/15
to Shawn Yandl, tgn...@googlegroups.com
The creature stands still like it paused. "Okay, so let's take a look." He walks around Bruce "Do you know what your target is capable of? How fast is he moving? How fast are you moving? Are you sure its okay to touch his skin? It looks dead and putrid, maybe it's contagious. Try this again, but this time take a step back and assess your target. Try the other one behind you." ((same creature attacking from behind, the one in front disappears.))

Crusher
Rough coat fighter for Rat
Adren of the nation
Alpha of Second Chances

Shawn Yandl

Jan 15, 2015, 8:29:23 PM1/15/15
to crusher.bonegnawer, tgn...@googlegroups.com
This time Bruce rolls away from the creature, shifting to Crinos and taking Crusher's advice into account.  He produces a large knife and watches the movements of the creature before him and sniffs at it (Sense the Unnatural).  Then using spirit of the fray if it seems the safe and smart choice he attacks with his knife this time.  He is OBVIOUSLY much less skilled with this attack form then his natural.

crusher.bonegnawer

Jan 15, 2015, 9:03:40 PM1/15/15
to Shawn Yandl, tgn...@googlegroups.com
Crusher smiles and the creature pauses "Better, much better, your senses tell you the creature is dead, his skin has puss and may be poisonous, your knife is a good call as it keeps you from touching his skin, but you need practice with it. You employed great offensive advantages, but what defenses did you employ? If the puss spattered on you as you cut into the flesh, let's say it causes you to exhibit boils on you (an illusion of boils develops on your arm holding the knife, it smells putrid and digs into the flesh) What are good defenses here?"

Crusher
Rough coat fighter for Rat
Adren of the nation
Alpha of Second Chances

Shawn Yandl

Jan 15, 2015, 9:24:34 PM1/15/15
to crusher.bonegnawer, tgn...@googlegroups.com
Bruce obviously starts to panic.  "I have nothing to protect against this.  HELP ME!!!"

crusher.bonegnawer

Jan 15, 2015, 9:31:39 PM1/15/15
to Shawn Yandl, tgn...@googlegroups.com
Crusher chuckles "Tough it out, when you are in battle against a foe you never know what you will face. You may be set afire, stabbed with silver, your mind might get screwed up or simpler, you may get a disease. This is what you have to expect, the unexpected. So you must train yourself not to freak out and muscle yourself through it." He keeps the illusion going for minute, that's when you realize it's a illusion. But the pain hurts. "Thus in time you will get so used to pain, you no longer feel it.

Do you have armor?"

Crusher
Rough coat fighter for Rat
Adren of the nation
Alpha of Second Chances

Shawn Yandl

Jan 15, 2015, 9:35:35 PM1/15/15
to crusher.bonegnawer, tgn...@googlegroups.com
"I can ask the spirits to help armor me.  It isnt pain that I fear, Crusher.  It is corruption.  Pain is apart of our lives and I understand that.  But corruption and taint are scary."  Bruce seems troubled.  "If that makes sense."

crusher.bonegnawer

Jan 15, 2015, 9:46:38 PM1/15/15
to Shawn Yandl, tgn...@googlegroups.com
"But that is what we fight, Corruption and taint. It's okay to be afraid, courage is when we do what needs to be done in the face of fear, but we must realize that the enemy uses our fears against us. You fear corruption, that is good for we do not want to be corrupted. But do not fear that which is corrupted, respect it. A Black Spiral Dancer is just like you and I, his path is different, and he employs powers we do not but you know what an ahroun is, you know what a garou is, and you know what rank allows. These are the same functions we employ. Look...(Crusher creates an illusion of a Spiral he fought in Madison, the Ahroun Athro of a pack)...This is one I fought not long ago, He is brutal to look at, but he is garou of Athro rank, he has weapons, armor, fetishes and talons. He can use all of them with proficiency."

Crusher
Rough coat fighter for Rat
Adren of the nation
Alpha of Second Chances

Shawn Yandl

Jan 15, 2015, 9:57:18 PM1/15/15
to crusher.bonegnawer, tgn...@googlegroups.com
Bruce nods to Crusher. "Thank you for the lesson.  I will try to be better."

crusher.bonegnawer

Jan 15, 2015, 10:04:24 PM1/15/15
to Shawn Yandl, tgn...@googlegroups.com
Crusher smiles "Okay, so, tell me what I taught you today from the first point to now."

Crusher
Rough coat fighter for Rat
Adren of the nation
Alpha of Second Chances

Shawn Yandl

Jan 15, 2015, 10:11:23 PM1/15/15
to crusher.bonegnawer, tgn...@googlegroups.com
Bruce thinks before speaking, "You taught me that I need to be able to anticipate the weaknesses of my enemies and trust the other Auspices to do their part in a battle.  You taught me to asses both offense and defense of an opponent.  You taught me that you can make things appear out of thin air."

crusher.bonegnawer

Jan 15, 2015, 11:03:48 PM1/15/15
to Shawn Yandl, tgn...@googlegroups.com
Crusher laughs very hard..."That means I taught you to expect the unexpected...that fact that a Bone Gnawer can use illusions at a whim should open your eyes a bit. But really, be prepared, mentally, physically, and spiritually. Train hard on the basics and when they get boring, train harder."

Crusher
Rough coat fighter for Rat
Adren of the nation
Alpha of Second Chances