2023 Chair Letter

Leclercq Ludovic

Jan 2, 2023, 3:38:28 AM1/2/23
to tft_friends

Dear ACP50 (TFTC Committee) Members and Friends,

 I hope you had a lovely holiday break, and I wish you and your loved ones a happy and healthy New Year! The 102nd TRB Meeting this year will be held in person. After several rocky years due to COVID-19, I am sure many of you have planned to attend this year and I am looking forward to seeing you in Washington DC. It will be the first annual meeting for many new committee members after the 2022 rotation. I would like to address them with a warm welcome. We have a rich and varied program for our committee this year with five lectern sessions and four poster sessions, corresponding to 108 presentations overall:

 Lectern sessions

·      Recent Advances in Traffic Flow Theory and Characteristics - Presider: Marco Rinaldi
Jan, 9th, 8:00-9:45

·      Traffic flow with Connected & Autonomous Vehicles: Behavioral Insights - Presider: Rachel James
Jan, 10th, 10:15-12:00

·      Urban Network Modelling and Control - Presider: Lina Kattan
Jan, 10th, 8:00-9:45

·      Reproducible Research in Traffic Flow Theory - Presider: Christine Buisson
Wed, 11th, 8:00-9:45

·      Multimodal traffic flow models - Presider: Tamara Djukic
Wed, 11th, 10:15-12:00

Poster sessions:

·      Traffic Flow Theory Part III - Microscopic Traffic Models & Trajectory Analysis - Presider: Biagio Ciuffo
Jan, 9th, 1:30-3:15pm

·      Traffic Flow Theory Part II - Connected & Autonomous Vehicles - Presider: Danjue Chen
Jan, 10th, 6:00-7:30pm

·      Traffic Flow Theory Part I - Network Modeling & On-Demand Mobility - Presider: Kenan Zhang
Jan, 10th, 6:00-7:30pm

·      Traffic Flow Theory Part IV - Traffic Modelling, Monitoring & Control - Presider: Maria Laura Della Monache
Wed, 11th, 8:00-9:45

Committee meetings:

You are warmly encouraged to participate in the main committee meeting, on January 9th (Monday) at 1:30pm EST. The meeting will last for only 90 minutes following the new TRB regulations.

The ACP50(3) Connected and Automated Traffic Flow Subcommittee (CAT-Flow) Meeting is held on the same day from 6:00 pm until 7:30 pm EST.

Other information:

Resources associated with the Annual Meeting may be found at:

https://trb.secure-platform.com/a/page/resourcepages

A summary of ACP50 activities may be found through the ACP50 November’s newsletter (http://tftcnews.blogspot.com/2021/12/acp50-newsletter-november-2021.html). The details may be retrieved from the 2023 TRB Annual Meeting’s online program (https://www.trb.org/AnnualMeeting/Program.aspx). We have committee and subcommittee meetings on Tuesday January the 11th, 2022.

Further information related to the meetings will be made available to the committee/subcommittee members in January.

I look forward to seeing you at the meeting!

Best,

Ludovic Leclercq