[ANN] BBEdit 12.1 (64-bit)

Rich Siegel

Feb 6, 2018, 3:31:12 PM2/6/18
to textwr...@googlegroups.com
Good { morning, afternoon, evening },

We are pleased to announce the release and immediate
availability of BBEdit 12.1. This is a free and recommended
update for all BBEdit 12 customers, and adds a variety of
improvements and refinements.

[Reminder: TextWrangler has been sunsetted. We recommend that
you switch to BBEdit as soon as possible. BBEdit is compatible
with modern OS versions and is identical to TextWrangler in
every way that you're used to, because it's based on the same
code from the same developers. A comprehensive Q&A is available
here: <https://www.barebones.com/products/bbedit/faqs.html>.]

Here are the high points, excerpted from the BBEdit 12.1 change
notes at <https://www.barebones.com/support/bbedit/notes-12.1.html>:

- Beginning with this version, you can open documents that are much
larger than was previously possible. You can also perform many
large-scale operations on very large files without running out
of memory or needing to clear Undo state.

- BBEdit is now built as a 64-bit application. This works
around various reported bugs in the OS and has other beneficial
side effects.

- Support for the Touch Bar has been added to various windows
(applicable only to computers that have a Touch Bar, of course).

- This update also contains fixes for previously reported
issues, as listed in the change notes.

There is much more than this, of course, and you can read about
all of it in the change notes: <https://www.barebones.com/support/bbedit/notes-12.1.html>

If you hold a paid BBEdit 12 license, this update is available
at no additional charge.

Useful pages:

* BBEdit 12.1 Change Notes:

<https://www.barebones.com/support/bbedit/notes-12.1.html>

* Free upgrade eligibility for BBEdit 11 customers:

<https://www.barebones.com/store/bbedit_free_eligible.html>.

* Paid upgrade eligibility for BBEdit 11 and earlier:

<https://www.barebones.com/store/bbedit_upgrades.html>.

* Mac App Store customers:

<https://www.barebones.com/store/bbedit_MAS_upgrade.html>

[List mom note: please start new threads for specific questions
rather than replying to this message. Thanks. :-)]

Enjoy,

R.
--
Rich Siegel Bare Bones Software, Inc.
<sie...@barebones.com> <http://www.barebones.com/>

Someday I'll look back on all this and laugh... until they
sedate me.