Find and Replace?

Peter W

Oct 3, 2017, 12:42:19 PM10/3/17
to TextWrangler Talk

I have Text Wrangler 5.5.2 (Mac App Store build) on an iMac with Sierra. Is there a way to “Find and Replace” simultaneously in more than one document? That is, if I have, let’s say, two html file names displayed in the “Currently Open Documents” panel, is there a way I can have Text Wrangler find the word “happy” (without quotation marks) in each of those documents and replace every instance of it with the word “glad”? If not, will BBEdit perform that function? Thank you.

James Craner

Oct 3, 2017, 3:45:31 PM10/3/17
to TextWrangler Talk
If you go to Search > Multi-File Search, you should see a dialog box that lets you choose from open docs, other docs, etc.