Moving row(S) in a list

Julien Dion (Universus)

Nov 5, 2023, 1:47:35 AM11/5/23
to TextSoap
In the list we create for "find replace with list" or simply by "Define List",
Months ago (maybe year), we used to be able to drag more than 1 row at the time.
If I recall well, we could even copy them to paste them into Google Sheets.
This was useful for ordering - categorizing sections in our lists.
I already have cleaners with multiple lists.
under some sections in my lists, I would leave some space for new find/replace match to add. Now I only can drag 1 row at the time. Making it very laborious, since I cannot even add a row at the place I want it !   My multiple lists have each near 500 rows, this is very.

Why was this functionality removed?

I know we can edit in tsv mode by holding option while clicking edit, (I think this change arrived at the same time), but I still used to enjoy the table view.

This missing useful UX feature, added with the missing sync option for teammates, brings me to go with a way less pretty way of having a shared Google Sheets Table that we export in tsv to [option+edit] our shared[not sync] lists.

Mark Munz

Nov 7, 2023, 8:26:00 PM11/7/23
to text...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure what happened. I looked at the history of the files involved and can't find any changes.
That has me guessing that the change occurred right as the code was being spun off TextSoap 8 to TextSoap 9.
Somewhere in there, I must have inadvertently disabled the multi-line drag & drop, copy/paste behavior.

In fact, I'm researching additional ways to make list management easier for the future, so making it harder was definitely not in plan. 🙂
I am looking at the issue, and I hope to return that functionality soon.

Mark Munz
unmarked software
https://textsoap.com/

Julien Dion (Universus)