assigning keyboard keys to an action

omn...@gmail.com

Dec 26, 2023, 3:33:26 AM12/26/23
to TextSoap
Hey and good day,

Is there a way to assign keyboard keys to an action, such as for highlighting part of the text?
I'm using this frequently.

Screenshot 2023-12-26 at 09.28.16.jpg
/
with best regards,
Omar KN, Stockholm, Sweden

Mark Munz

Jan 8, 2024, 5:39:15 PMJan 8
to text...@googlegroups.com
Is the goal to add a shortcut within the TextSoap app?
There is no option to assign any hotkey to a cleaner within the app*, but TextSoap does have a QuickClean feature.
This allows you to map applying cleaners to command-1 thru command-9 hotkeys.

Create a Custom Group and add the cleaners you would like to assign.
Next, select Text > Quick Clean > Base Shortcuts On > (your custom group)
Once selected, TextSoap will map the first nine cleaners to the command-1 thru command-9 hotkeys.
This is the quickest and easiest to modify.

Additional options :

Selected System Settings > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts > App Shortcuts
Then add a shortcut and have it apply to a menu item (all cleaners are listed in the Text > Clean with submenu

Use TextSoap Agent > Preferences > Global HotKeys to create a shortcut that applies your cleaner(s).

Mark Munz
unmarked software
https://textsoap.com/

Julien

Feb 20, 2024, 2:36:36 AMFeb 20
to TextSoap
Hey Omar and Mark,
I also created a workaround of the limitations about paragraph spacings (that cannot be integrated in a cleaner 🤷🏻‍♂️ ) .
I use the app Keysmith over TextSOAP.
In this gif, I am pressing ⌘+1 (the cleaner) , then ⌘+ù (ignore my French keyboard /could be what you want  -- for the Keysmith).
(it looks like I'm moving the mouse and typing a few things, but really, its what Keysmith does.) / available with Setapp.
Keyboard Automation Textsoap and Keysmith.gif

Here is the keysmith app serie of predefined click + keyboard functions.

02-20-Keysmith-0225.png

It might look like i'm promoting keysmith, but really, I wouldn't suggest it. It's lacking support and update for years.
but it does this thing i needed.

Hope this helps ^