How create a RTF file in an open folder with TextSoap?

omn...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2023, 12:38:18 PM7/6/23
to TextSoap

There are rather simple ways to create a TXT file in a folder, such as

tell application "Finder" to make new file at (the target of the front window) as alias

used with an Automator Quick Action for example.

(How to Create a Text File in a Folder on Mac

https://osxdaily.com/2022/01/10/how-to-create-a-text-file-in-folder-on-mac/)

But mostly I use the RTF and with TextSoap.

How create a new RTF file in an open folder with TextSoap?

/

with best regards,

Omar KN, Stockholm, Sweden

Julien Dion (Universus)

Dec 8, 2023, 3:19:33 AM12/8/23
to TextSoap
Hey Omar,

I dont know about creating a rtf file directly, but I could suggest this :
You could add a step to your Quick action, a shell script that could then convert to rtf.
For example :
cat

    textutil -convert rtf /PATH/TO/YOUR/text.txt

Even better, if it's always in the same folder you are doing this line 👆🏼  ,
could be the same, but in a folder action that would trigger every time a new txt files i added/created in it.

Or
BEST:
Use the same function that is on your shared link to create a txt. :

       touch name.txt

      remplace the 👆🏼 by 👇🏼

    1.           touch name.rtf

And once again, you can run this as a shell script,  or shortcut.

I hope I'm not too complicating my answer. 😅
and that it will be useful to you ;)