Connecting Tracking Server to Tobi SDK on Ubuntu

chantal

May 6, 2013, 6:18:08 AM5/6/13
to tex...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I have used the Text 2.0 Framework before on Windows and it works fine, however, now I developed an application running on Ubuntu and once I switch from simulation mode (which works perfectly fine) to the eye tracking mode, the tracking server stays on "yellow" forever.
My assumption is that it has something to do with the Tobii SDK, let me explain why:
Since the Tobii SDK for Linux available is out-dated and they are currently working on a new one, they send me some executables and their class + header files. When I execute their executables, the eye tracker (X60) is found and with one of their test executables I can calibrate and record the gaze-data. However, I don't know how to create the connection between Text 2.0 and the Tobii SDK. (I've tried to move the files in the tracking browser's directory, as well as to start the connection first, but nothing works.)

I would really appreciate your help.
Thanks a lot!
Best,
Chantal