Tobii X60 connection

momo

Nov 12, 2010, 3:23:55 AM11/12/10
to text20
Hello,

we would like to use our Tobii X60 with your text 2.0 framework.

After running the "Tracking Server" and the "Diagnosis" application I
am able to start the "hardware recalibration" from the Diagnosis user
interface. That means, there has to be a connection to the eye tracker
(I can see the infrared lights).

However I don't receive data from the eyetracker. E.g. there is
nothing on the screen in the Diagnosis user interface. And when I
start the "local recalibration" I get the message "Waiting for a
tracking signal", that's all.

What can I do?
(I don't have to modify the device.id in the config file?)

Thanks in advance!
momo

Ralf

Nov 12, 2010, 5:09:22 AM11/12/10
to text20

On 12 Nov., 09:23, momo <wal...@uni-koblenz.de> wrote:
> However I don't receive data from the eyetracker. E.g. there is
> nothing on the screen in the Diagnosis user interface. And when I
> start the "local recalibration" I get the message "Waiting for a
> tracking signal", that's all.
>
> What can I do?
> (I don't have to modify the device.id in the config file?)

It is usually a good sign if the device turns its light on when
starting the tracking server. Here are a few things to check:

- did you try with API v2 or v5? v2 is for the old Tobii API, v5 for
the new one (version of SDK you installed)
- again, check tobii.server and tobii.port
- were there any other Tobii / eye tracking apps running at the same
time?
- device.name and device.ip are not used internally, they only help
you to identify a device in the front-end
- can you set logging.level to ALL and send the files error.log and
output.log, please?
- is your firewall on?
- did you restart the trackingserver.exe after changing something in
the config? restarting is done by killing the process in the task-
manager and starting the exe again.

Also, what does the tracking rate read in the diagnosis?

Kind regards
Ralf

Tina Walber

Nov 17, 2010, 8:57:26 AM11/17/10
to tex...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ralf,

thank you very much for your response and help!

Your suggestions unfortunately didn't solve the problem yet:
- I've tried v2 and v5 (only v5 works)
- tobii.server and tobii.port are O.k.
- no other apps are running
- Deactivating firewall and anti virus doesn't have an effect
- Yes, I've restarted the tracking server every time after having
changed something

While the "Waiting for a tracking signal" - message is displayed, the
tracker isn't active (I can't see the infrared light sources), but
during the calibration it works...

In the attachment the error.log and output.log, they don't contain lot
of information....
And a screenshot of the Diagnosis-tool.

Thanks again and kind regards!

Diagnosis.jpg
error.log

Ralf

Nov 17, 2010, 9:13:09 AM11/17/10
to text20

First of all sorry for the tracking-server's horrible debugging
capabilities, we're working on this. However, the logs you sent
actually do contain very helpful information:

Somewhere in the middle (line ~1000) you can find:

Caused by: com4j.ExecutionException: com4j.ComException: 80040154
CoCreateInstance failed : Klasse nicht registriert : .\com4j.cpp:137
at com4j.ComThread.execute(ComThread.java:205)
at com4j.Task.execute(Task.java:23)
at com4j.COM4J.createInstance(COM4J.java:95)
at com4j.COM4J.createInstance(COM4J.java:73)
at
de.dfki.eyetracker.tetapi.v5.ClassFactory.createTetClient(ClassFactory.java:
30)
at
de.dfki.eyetracker.session.LiveTetSessionV5.initialize(LiveTetSessionV5.java:
157)
at
de.dfki.eyetracker.session.TrackingSessionBuilder.createSession(TrackingSessionBuilder.java:
62)
... 17 more
Caused by: com4j.ComException: 80040154 CoCreateInstance failed :
Klasse nicht registriert : .\com4j.cpp:137
at com4j.Native.createInstance(Native Method)
at com4j.COM4J$CreateInstanceTask.call(COM4J.java:111)
at com4j.COM4J$CreateInstanceTask.call(COM4J.java:1)
at com4j.Task.invoke(Task.java:44)
at com4j.ComThread.run0(ComThread.java:164)
at com4j.ComThread.run(ComThread.java:136)

This is a very strong sign that there is a problem with the Tobii
driver you use. Are you sure that you installed the Tobii SDK? If in
doubt, please go to

http://www.tobii.com/landingpads/analysis_sdk.aspx

get the latest version, install it, and try again.

Let me know what happens, also send the logs afterwards.

Kind regards
Ralf

Tina Walber

Nov 18, 2010, 9:13:52 AM11/18/10