trackingserver

mc

Jun 24, 2010, 8:42:14 AM6/24/10
to text20
Can I use the trackingserver from the processing package for text2.0?
If not, what would I have to adapt in the trackingserver
config.properties
delivered with the text2.0 package beyond the "TET Server for Tobii"?

thanks, Michael

Ralf

Jun 24, 2010, 10:49:31 AM6/24/10
to text20
The tracking server contained in PEEP is old and uses a slightly
different API which is not supported anymore. Right now PEEP only
works with the PEEP tracking server properly, while the Text 2.0
Framework only works with new tracking server properly. The next
release of PEEP will contain the new tracking server as well.

If you want to use your Tobii tracker with the new tracking server,
please have a look at the FAQ:

http://code.google.com/p/text20/wiki/FAQ

You have to switch the adapter to "gazeadapter:tobii" and set your
tobii.server to the address or your TET server (either localhost, or
something like TX120-203-83900194.local.).

Michael Carl

Jun 25, 2010, 11:04:39 AM6/25/10
to tex...@googlegroups.com
The config file in Tet2.0 contains the line:
de.dfki.km.text20.trackingserver.remote.impl.TrackingServerRegistryImpl.adapter.id=gazeadapter:tobii

but the trackingserver works when using the one from the FAQ:
de.dfki.km.text20.trackingserver.eyes.remote.impl.TrackingServerRegistryImpl.adapter.id=gazeadapter:tobii

what is a braintracker? Do I need that?

Ralf

Jun 28, 2010, 7:30:11 AM6/28/10
to text20

On 25 Jun., 17:04, Michael Carl <m.gummib...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> The config file in Tet2.0 contains the line:
> de.dfki.km.text20.trackingserver.remote.impl.TrackingServerRegistryImpl.ada pter.id
> =gazeadapter:tobii
>
> but the trackingserver works when using the one from the FAQ:
> de.dfki.km.text20.trackingserver.eyes.remote.impl.TrackingServerRegistryImp l.adapter.id
> =gazeadapter:tobii

Yes, that was a bug in the 1.0.0 release. The config in 1.0.1 should
be fixed now.

> what is a braintracker? Do I need that?

Brain tracker is our internal name for an EEG. The framework is
capable of recording brain waves from EEG devices, but right now it's
unsupported as the code is under active development.