Packet pickup times for 12-hour race?

Tom Rodgers

Sep 18, 2015, 3:05:46 PM9/18/15
to dans...@flash.net, texasti...@googlegroups.com
Couldn't find a specific "packet pickup" schedule on the website, despite several searches.

Confirming that we can pick up our race packet, including numbers, the Friday NIGHT BEFORE the 12-hour race which starts on Saturday at 6 am. What are the available times for packet pickup on Friday? Is 7:00pm okay? Because this race starts so early in the dark, it would be good to put the numbers on the bike and helmet the night before. I presume chip pickup is probably on race morning, as in most events, which is fine.

Also confirming for 12-hour race that last year's rule about NO POSSIBLE PRO-RATED LAP beginning after 5pm for the 12-hour race, which in effect makes it an eight-lap, 212-mile race unless you can finish eight laps in 10:59:59, which no one has done before.

Regards,

Tom Rodgers

Dan Driscoll

Sep 18, 2015, 3:23:31 PM9/18/15
to Tom Rodgers, texasti...@googlegroups.com, Dan Driscoll

Thanks for asking Tom.

We try to open registration a couple hours before each race. In addition with the exception of a little sleep we work to keep it open as much as possible.

We’ll have someone at the Pavilion for Packet Pick-Up as late as we reasonably can Friday evening, but until 7:00 or 8:00 pm for sure, she has to get up at 4:00 am to re-start early am registration, so we’d like to let her sleep a little. It really does helps to get as many signed in as possible Friday night, thanks for addressing that. Chips will be in packets and available at sign in.

Yes, same rules and times as last year. We’ve wrestled with this, but just don’t want to start the 12 hour at 5:00 am.

Thanks again for asking, DanD