Texas Ultra Cup/Texas Time Trials Update

dris...@flash.net

Jan 25, 2017, 2:55:18 PM1/25/17
to texasti...@googlegroups.com

Texas Time Trials & Texas Ultra Cup Alumni,

We are currently jumping through all the hoops that it takes to make The Texas Time Trials and The Texas Ultra Cup happen again.  This includes making sure all of our Great Sponsors and Key Volunteers are on board.  This is no easy task and as soon as we have full confidence that we have all the puzzle pieces in place to run a First Class Event, we will make an Official Announcement.  Assuming we can pull it off again, the dates will be September 21, 22, & 23, 2017.

We all know it takes Riders, Volunteers and Sponsors, and more to sustain a First Class Event like the Texas Time Trials.  One of the major hoops that happens this time every year is confirming that our Sponsors are still on board, and hopefully adding a few new sponsors.  We can’t host TTTT without our Sponsor’s Support.  If you know of a business or individual that you think would consider being a TTTT sponsor please let us know.

We still have a few key volunteers that we need to get signed on, or find a replacement for.  Even a small detail like a permit must be checked off, before we can commit.

A new hurtle this year is that we will need to find a new Office Manager, or maybe at the very least a new TTTT Administration Manager.  For the past 10 years, Leslie has done all of the behind the scenes work to make TTTT and TUC happen seamlessly.  Leslie gave us her 3 year notice 3 years ago, we are bummed to see her go.  Leslie has run the website, keeps all the books, does the data entry, coordinates the volunteers, schedules services, writes the race reports, replies to emails, and in general runs the show.  This paid position takes almost 40 hours a week, for the better part of 4 months.  We’d not contemplate TTTT or TUC without a replacement, but we are about to start looking ;-)  Do you know of someone with good administrative and bookkeeping skills who would be a good replacement? Please let us know.

When we get all these items taken care of we will send out more information.  In the meantime, check out this new event that we would love to include in the Texas Ultra Cup.  Driveway 6-12-24 in Austin on February 3-4, 2017 only has a few spots left for the 24 hour and 6 hour events.  Check out the details here:   https://www.bikereg.com/driveway-6-12-24

Thank you,

Dan Driscoll

The Texas Time Trials &

Tejas Sports Production