Job Announcement: Open Education Conference Manager

Judith Sebesta

Jul 6, 2023, 12:57:00 PM7/6/23
to Texas OER Community (Higher Ed)

Dear Texas Colleagues,

On behalf of the Open Education Conference Board of Directors, I am pleased to announce an opportunity to join our team as Conference & Community Manager. This position works closely with the board to coordinate the logistics of the annual conference in addition to supporting community engagement, communications, and long-term planning. The person who takes this role will transition in during the leadup to #OpenEd23, which will take place virtually on November 7-9th, and have the opportunity to help shape the exciting plans for our return to an in-person hybrid format for #OpenEd24.

The position is full-time, fully remote, and is housed at SPARC, which currently incubates the Open Education Conference. The compensation range is $55,000-65,000 with excellent benefits for U.S. employees (note that highly qualified candidates with open education subject matter expertise may be considered for a higher starting salary). This is a great opportunity to be part of shaping our community’s vibrant annual event - daily!

View the full job posting for details on responsibilities, qualifications, and compensation.

Please share this opportunity widely and consider applying if you are interested. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.

Sincerely,

Judith Sebesta, Ph.D.

Open Education Conference Board of Directors