Texas H.B. No. 1027

Hawkins, Kevin

Feb 10, 2021, 11:57:34 AM2/10/21
to texas-oer-c...@googlegroups.com, Nicole Allen

I hear that publishers are tracking this, so wondering if any of you are as well:

https://capitol.texas.gov/tlodocs/87R/billtext/html/HB01027I.htm

--Kevin

Danielle Plumer

Feb 10, 2021, 12:54:55 PM2/10/21
to texas-oer-c...@googlegroups.com, Nicole Allen
The Texas State Library and Archives Commission is tracking this bill and also HB1707 by Rep. Howard, which was introduced yesterday.  They aren't directly related to TSLAC, but we always monitor bills that might have an unanticipated impact on our electronic resources programs.

Danielle Cunniff Plumer
dani...@dcplumer.com

Nathan Smith

Mar 23, 2021, 5:00:13 PM3/23/21
to Danielle Plumer, texas-oer-c...@googlegroups.com, Nicole Allen
Any further word on this? Apparently, there's a hearing on Thursday.

-Nathan

--
Nathan Smith, PhD.
Houston Community College, Philosophy

713.253.7003

Justin M. White

Mar 23, 2021, 5:43:29 PM3/23/21
to Nathan Smith, Danielle Plumer, texas-oer-c...@googlegroups.com, Nicole Allen
Links and agenda were sent out as a reminder by SPARC today:

Senate Higher Education Committee - Wed. March 24 at 9:00am

House Higher Education Committee - Thurs. March 25 at 8:00am

Justin M. White

Mar 23, 2021, 5:44:59 PM3/23/21
to Nathan Smith, Danielle Plumer, texas-oer-c...@googlegroups.com, Nicole Allen
Sorry there's only a link to the broadcast for the House committee. I don't know about Senate.

Dean Hendrix

Mar 28, 2021, 2:32:31 PM3/28/21
to Justin M. White, Nathan Smith, Danielle Plumer, texas-oer-c...@googlegroups.com, Nicole Allen
The hearing can be accessed at:  https://tlcsenate.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=49&clip_id=15527 – SB 1231 discussion begins at 47:56, with SB 1092 following at 1:19:11.

Dean

Coleman, Laurie L

Mar 29, 2021, 9:13:55 AM3/29/21
to Dean Hendrix, Justin M. White, Nathan Smith, Danielle Plumer, texas-oer-c...@googlegroups.com, Nicole Allen

Sadly the sound quality is terrible.

Laurie

Mar 29, 2021, 9:20:02 AM3/29/21
to Dean Hendrix, Justin M. White, Nathan Smith, Danielle Plumer, Texas OER Community (Higher Ed), Nicole Allen
Nathan,

Your student representative from HCC was incredible! Please thank her for her testimonies!

Carrie

Judith Sebesta

Mar 29, 2021, 9:30:19 AM3/29/21
to Coleman, Laurie L, Dean Hendrix, Justin M. White, Nathan Smith, Danielle Plumer, texas-oer-c...@googlegroups.com, Nicole Allen
The sound is actually fine once you get past the initial roll call (at least it was for me).

Judith
*************************
Judith Sebesta, Ph.D.
Executive Director
Digital Higher Education Consortium of Texas (DigiTex)
Texas Association of Community Colleges

Coleman, Laurie L

Mar 29, 2021, 9:32:17 AM3/29/21
to Judith Sebesta, Dean Hendrix, Justin M. White, Nathan Smith, Danielle Plumer, texas-oer-c...@googlegroups.com, Nicole Allen

Yes, thanks, Judith!  Agreed, Carrie. Student leaders are amazing! J

Laurie

Nathan Smith

Mar 29, 2021, 9:58:58 AM3/29/21
to Carrie Gits, Dean Hendrix, Justin M. White, Danielle Plumer, Texas OER Community (Higher Ed), Nicole Allen
Yes, she is pretty amazing. Gifted speaker, thoughtful and caring.

It was a good group of witnesses. I think lines of argument are very clear.

Thanks, Carrie