OER and philanthropy

Dean Hendrix

May 18, 2021, 9:29:20 PM5/18/21
to Texas OER Community (Higher Ed)
Dear colleagues,

Some good news from UTSA: Two donors gave $100,000 in support of #OER. Despite this humblebrag, the real message to the OER community is that there is real philanthropy money out there.  OER is an easy, relatable and compelling story to nonlibrarians. And as we all know, the impacts are real to our students. Every donor has overpaid for a textbook in their life.

Judith Sebesta

May 19, 2021, 8:36:51 AM5/19/21
to Dean Hendrix, Texas OER Community (Higher Ed)
Wow, Dean -- congratulations!!!

Best,

Judith
Judith Sebesta, Ph.D.
Executive Director
Digital Higher Education Consortium of Texas (DigiTex)