Tex the world + gmail

Ian Goodfellow

Jul 27, 2010, 11:51:23 AM7/27/10
to TeX THE WORLD
Is there a way to make Tex the world render equations as you write
them in gmail? I imagine this is hard because the browser doesn't
expect to render anything in a text box. The equations show up fine in
my inbox but when writing an e-mail there isn't a good way to know if
I have a syntax error in my latex.

Also, FYI, the Tex the World page says e-mails sent from webmail will
have images of equations in them, but that doesn't seem to be the
case. If I send an e-mail to myself, it shows up with the original
text for a few seconds before it gets rendered to an equation.

Thanks for making an awesome extension!