Fwd: Bug in TeX the World code

Avital Oliver

Sep 20, 2011, 4:44:38 AM9/20/11
to tex-th...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: James Murphy <jtmu...@cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 9:29 PM
Subject: Bug in TeX the World code
To: avital...@gmail.com

Concerning you TeX the World script,

Upon inspecting runtime errors, I found that your script throws "Uncaught
TypeError: Cannot read property 'frames' of undefined" on any page which
has no extra frames. The problem appears to be in the TeXAFrame function,
which never checks to see if win==null.

The line that crashes is:
for (var i = 0, n = win.frames.length; i < n; i++)

I am using the Greasemonkey userscript for chrome. It shows up as version
1.0. Your website says 1.2 is the newest; I'm not sure if that is chrome's
problem, or if you already fixed this bug and didn't make a new userscript
link.

I really like this script and would appreciate if you could fix this small
error and get back to me.

Regards,
James