Trail Repair in El Dorado Canyon on Friday, May 17, 2013

Robert H. Sydnor

Jun 25, 2013, 5:33:22 PM6/25/13
to tevi...@googlegroups.com
Dear Tevis Colleagues:

     Here is a copy of our comprehensive report (five pages long, with many photos) of the trail maintenance work performed by the Tevis Trail Crew on Friday, May 17, 2013.  This was some of the most difficult work that we had ever performed (steep topography and hard rocks).  As a point of history, it was the first time in 56 years that the Tevis Trail Crew used a boulder-carry sling constructed of nylon webbing in a double-parabola shape.

    Respectfully submitted, Bob Sydnor

attachment

Robert H. Sydnor
Tevis Trail Crew   (under Greg Kimler)
Tevis Ride Committee (under Chuck Stalley, Ride Director)
AERC Trail Master
California Certified Engineering Geologist #968

Trail Maintenance, El Dorado Canyon, by Kimler, Shackelford, & Sydnor, 17May2013.pdf

endurancehorsemt

Jun 26, 2013, 4:59:05 PM6/26/13
to tevi...@googlegroups.com
I may never even ride Tevis but I sure love these detailed reports!
> --

AERC # M39603
www.allthingsendurance.com