Re: Tevis Horse Hydration in El Dorado Canyon

Message has been deleted

heidi larson

Jun 25, 2013, 10:23:21 PM6/25/13
to tevi...@googlegroups.com
Awesome information - thank you!  Does anyone have the cut off times for sections?  I looked but maybe I'm just overlooking it somewhere.  Thank you.

. o o o o
. o_ \ \____ o_ \_\
. (*)~(*)\_______/
. / \
. \______/ /
. \_______/\ /-
. o-- /_/ \ /
. / \ / /
. o o o-- /
. / \
. o o
heidi larson

Jun 25, 2013, 10:38:17 PM6/25/13
to tevi...@googlegroups.com
If you go to the Checkpoint Information under Latest News on the Tevis Website you will see mileages, cutoff times, pulse requirements, etc., for each of the stops.  Important info for you and your crew.

Bob's article is very helpful.  One thing I disagree with, however, is his statement that riders spend 20-30 minutes at the gate-and-go at Deadwood.  You cannot loiter at the vet stops and finish on time.  You want to get through them as efficiently as you can.  There will be volunteers there to help you.  The vet stops may seem to be pleasant with shade and lemonade and good things to eat.  But don't be fooled or drawn in - get back on the trail as soon as possible.

Barbara