Re: Digest for teviscup@googlegroups.com - 5 Messages in 1 Topic

Jennifer Bishop

Jul 3, 2013, 1:17:43 PM7/3/13
to tevi...@googlegroups.com
I have stayed at the hampton inn in truckee on a thur night. It is right on the 267.

 I usually stay in auburn on Fri night to go crew at robinson on sat am.

Jennifer Bishop
Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 3, 2013, at 10:11 AM, tevi...@googlegroups.com wrote:

Group: http://groups.google.com/group/teviscup/topics

    <maji...@gmail.com> Jul 02 10:58AM -0700

    Hi – I thought I made a reservation in Truckee for Friday night, but I can’t find the confirmation and my card was never charged. Can anyone make a recommendation? Or is anyone willing to split a room?

    Angie Fura

    Jonni <txtr...@gmail.com> Jul 02 09:15PM -0500

    Angie, if you are helping a rider get ready Saturday morning, I want to
    make sure you have seen this: " Tevis has a rule that states, "Do not
    start your automotive engines until 5:15AM on Saturday morning, July 20.
    At first look, one would think that is clear not to depart from Robie
    Park until the horses have had a chance to exit the area and proceed
    onto the Tevis trail. But this rule also includes automotive traffic
    coming into Robie Park on Saturday morning. That is traffic which may
    include riders staying in town on Friday night and driving back in to
    saddle and mount up for the ride. We are stopping traffic coming into
    Robie from 10:30 pm until 5:30 am. As I interpret this, riders cannot
    come back into Robie unless they walk in on the ride morning. That means
    they should consider staying at Robie on Friday night. The traffic will
    be stopped at the intersection of Road 6 and the confluence of the
    Western States Trail. It will also be stopped a mile north of Robie Park
    on Road 6. Tevis ride management would like the riders to stay in camp
    on Friday night to eliminate any conflicts with horses and riders and
    vehicle traffic."......

    That being said, if you are crewing, but your first crew point is
    obinson, I would suggest finding a room in Auburn, and heading down
    Friday night after you are done at Robie Park. You will then have a
    shorter, and easier drive Saturday AM to get up to Robinson.

    Just some thoughts
    Jonni

    <maji...@gmail.com> Jul 02 07:32PM -0700

    Jonni - thanks for looking out for me. I am volunteering, not crewing. I
    will be in Robie all day Friday. My Saturday post, Chickenhawk, doesn't
    start until the afternoon, so I have plenty of time to sleep in.
    Alternatively, if I am ambitious and want to see the start, I can get up
    super early and beat the 5:30 cutoff into camp. Not sure which I'll
    choose! It depends on how hard I work Friday!

    Angie Fura

[...]

    Jonni <txtr...@gmail.com> Jul 02 09:50PM -0500

    Read again. No going in to camp (unless you walk from the intersection)
    past 10:30 PM on Friday until 5:30AM. But, you could go to highway 89
    crossing and cheer the riders on. Just up past the turn off for Squaw
    Valley. As a rider, it is a great feeling having some volunteers and a
    handful of others cheering us on as the sun comes up

    Jonni (see you at Chicken Hawk, I think we will be there as one of our
    volunteer locations)

    <maji...@gmail.com> Jul 02 08:16PM -0700

    Thanks for the tip :)

    Hope to see you at CH. I'll be the one with the big grin :)

    Angie

    Read again. No going in to camp (unless you walk from the intersection)
    past 10:30 PM on Friday until 5:30AM. But, you could go to highway 89
    crossing and cheer the riders on. Just up past the turn off for Squaw
    Valley. As a rider, it is a great feeling having some volunteers and a
    handful of others cheering us on as the sun comes up

    Jonni (see you at Chicken Hawk, I think we will be there as one of our
    volunteer locations)

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Group teviscup.
You can post via email.
To unsubscribe from this group, send an empty message.
For more options, visit this group.