Hotels in Truckee, CA Friday night

maji...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2013, 1:58:08 PM7/2/13
to tevi...@googlegroups.com, Janice Wightman, georgeann erskine, Judy Suter
Hi – I thought I made a reservation in Truckee for Friday night, but I can’t find the confirmation and my card was never charged.   Can anyone make a recommendation?   Or is anyone willing to split a room?

Angie Fura

Jonni

Jul 2, 2013, 10:15:45 PM7/2/13
to tevi...@googlegroups.com
Angie, if you are helping a rider get ready Saturday morning, I want to
make sure you have seen this: " Tevis has a rule that states, "Do not
start your automotive engines until 5:15AM on Saturday morning, July 20.
At first look, one would think that is clear not to depart from Robie
Park until the horses have had a chance to exit the area and proceed
onto the Tevis trail. But this rule also includes automotive traffic
coming into Robie Park on Saturday morning. That is traffic which may
include riders staying in town on Friday night and driving back in to
saddle and mount up for the ride. We are stopping traffic coming into
Robie from 10:30 pm until 5:30 am. As I interpret this, riders cannot
come back into Robie unless they walk in on the ride morning. That means
they should consider staying at Robie on Friday night. The traffic will
be stopped at the intersection of Road 6 and the confluence of the
Western States Trail. It will also be stopped a mile north of Robie Park
on Road 6. Tevis ride management would like the riders to stay in camp
on Friday night to eliminate any conflicts with horses and riders and
vehicle traffic."......

That being said, if you are crewing, but your first crew point is
obinson, I would suggest finding a room in Auburn, and heading down
Friday night after you are done at Robie Park. You will then have a
shorter, and easier drive Saturday AM to get up to Robinson.

Just some thoughts
Jonni

On 7/2/13 12:58 PM, maji...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi � I thought I made a reservation in Truckee for Friday night, but I
> can�t find the confirmation and my card was never charged. Can

maji...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2013, 10:32:17 PM7/2/13
to tevi...@googlegroups.com
Jonni - thanks for looking out for me. I am volunteering, not crewing. I
will be in Robie all day Friday. My Saturday post, Chickenhawk, doesn't
start until the afternoon, so I have plenty of time to sleep in.
Alternatively, if I am ambitious and want to see the start, I can get up
super early and beat the 5:30 cutoff into camp. Not sure which I'll
choose! It depends on how hard I work Friday!

Angie Fura

Jonni

Jul 2, 2013, 10:50:38 PM7/2/13
to tevi...@googlegroups.com
Read again. No going in to camp (unless you walk from the intersection)
past 10:30 PM on Friday until 5:30AM. But, you could go to highway 89
crossing and cheer the riders on. Just up past the turn off for Squaw
Valley. As a rider, it is a great feeling having some volunteers and a
handful of others cheering us on as the sun comes up

Jonni (see you at Chicken Hawk, I think we will be there as one of our
volunteer locations)

maji...@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2013, 11:16:40 PM7/2/13
to tevi...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the tip :)

Hope to see you at CH. I'll be the one with the big grin :)

Angie