Bald Mountain trail

elseider

Jun 19, 2013, 12:02:04 PM6/19/13
to tevi...@googlegroups.com
It looks like the ride this year will take the Bald Mountain trail after Robinson Flat. Last year, we were on Road 41 after Robinson all the way to Dusty Corners. Assuming the Bald Mountain route is going to be slower than the road, can anyone offer a guess as to how much time the Bald Mountain trail will add to the portion of the ride between Robinson and Dusty Corners?

Ed Seider

Barbara White

Jun 19, 2013, 4:33:52 PM6/19/13
to tevi...@googlegroups.com
Ed, no, the ride is going down Road 41 again, which is a faster way than Bald Mountain.  I would guess it's 20-35 minutes faster.  Same trail as last year except that riding time stops at the water trough at the Auburn Staging Area rather than on the other side of the skate park as we did last year (another five minutes savings:)).

The 2010 map set shows the Little Bald Mountain route.  2011 was the Auburn-Auburn snow year.  2012 and 2013 use the same route from Robinson Flat to Dusty Corners, via Road 41.  We just did it on the Ed Ride.

I'm not sure where you picked up the information.  Was it on the website?

Barbara