Aerial Photo and Map of Tevis Cup 2013 Finish LIne at Auburn Overlook

Robert H. Sydnor

Jul 11, 2013, 3:20:12 AM7/11/13
to tevi...@googlegroups.com
Dear Tevis Colleagues:
Last week, the complete rider packet was digitally sent out (via e-mail) to riders by the Tevis Ride Director Chuck Stalley.
Within that highly detailed packet is the oblique aerial photograph & map of the 2013 Tevis Finish at the Auburn Overlook (the traditional finish at the circular stone watering trough.)
But we members of the Tevis Ride Committee realize that others (besides the officially registered riders) need to know about this map and the appropriate protocol. So we are also posting it here as a single page for family, visitors, and crew. Please refer to attached .jpg file.
Some things for crew and visitors to remember:
1. There is no crewing at the Auburn Overlook.   Only after the rider and horse have passed under the Tevis Banner at the stadium can the crew assist the rider and horse.
2. There is no vet-check at the Auburn Overlook. All vetting is at McCann Stadium.
3. Riders should proceed directly out the paved driveway of the Auburn Overlook, then cross the railroad tracks, then follow the glow-sticks and white arrows across the meadow down to McCann Stadium.
4. Do not cross the small timber bridge across the canal.
Reason: the North Lot (near the Tevis offices) is full of horse-trailers and pipe corrals, and so it is congested and only for those riders and their overnight rigs.
5. No horse trailers in the Skateboard Parking Lot (100 yards south of the Auburn Overlook). There is permanent (year-around) signage about this exclusion. The Skateboard Park is owned and operated by the Auburn Park and Recreation District for skateboarders and day-hikers (not horsemen). Visitors and spectators in sedans may park here, but no horse-trailers.
6. Riders must vet-in at McCann Stadium within 40 minutes.
7. Spectators and friends are welcome to sit on the grassy hill above the circular stone water-trough at the Auburn Overlook, and await your rider to come in. Spectators and friends can walk with the horse and rider to McCann Stadium. But they cannot crew until after the horse and rider pass under the banner in McCann Stadium.
The rider cannot accept any assistance from crew until after the stadium finish banner.
8. It is suggested that reporters and photographers for digital and print journalism remain in McCann Stadium (lots of free parking, free seating) where the Tevis announcer will keep you informed of rider arrivals and breaking news from the Tevis Webcast. Interviews and photos can begin after the horse and rider have passed under the Tevis Banner at McCann Stadium, and after the final vet-check.  Do not disturb the Tevis veterinarians while these professional control-judges are performing their scientific veterinarian work.   Press interviews can begin in the leisure time after the final vetting is complete.
Refer to the official Rider Packet and the official Tevis Website for more information.  If you have any questions, please consult with an official member of the Tevis Cup Committee.
Respectfully submitted, Robert H. Sydnor
Tevis Ride Committee and Tevis Trail Maintenance Committee
attached map
2013 Tevis Finish-Line Route version 1July2013.jpg

san...@bigbend.edu

Jul 12, 2013, 9:58:44 AM7/12/13
to tevi...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for posting this. I did not get an email of the rider packet, so I wanted to confirm that Chuck Stalley has my correct email address. How do I contact him? Thank you!
Sandy Cheek

Barbara White

Jul 12, 2013, 10:21:04 AM7/12/13
to tevi...@googlegroups.com
Sandy,
The Rider Packet can be downloaded from the Tevis Website, too.  http://www.teviscup.org/tevis-2013/wstf-tevis-news/153-rider-packet-available
By US mail you should have received your parking passes.  In  a separate mailing, the Rules Booklet has been sent to you.  Have you received anything yet?  If not, call the WSTF office 530 823-7282, and leave a message if no one answers.
Barbara