Histograms not working for Bayes

rves...@financialengines.com

Aug 13, 2015, 7:04:26 PM8/13/15
to Tetrad Users Group
Hi-

I'm a new Tetrad user and greatly appreciating the program. I'm tyring to do some analysis on data simulated from a Bayes IM.

Using a randomly generated simulated IM template, I select histogram and nothing happens.  The histogram option remains highlighted, but no results ever come up.  This seems to be the case regardless of if the data is explicitly categorical (yes-no) or numeric.
I'm guessing this is because it would technically be a bar graph, not a histogram with categorical data.

All I want to do is get out the proportion in each group for a selected variable.  Descriptive statistics doesn't work on discrete variables either.  Is there another way to get at these proportions without exporting the data and processing it in another file?

Thanks,

Rebecca

cg...@andrew.cmu.edu

Aug 13, 2015, 8:23:21 PM8/13/15
to tetrad-us...@googlegroups.com
Please tell us what version of TETRAD you are using. Thanks for the notification.

Cg

cg...@andrew.cmu.edu

Aug 13, 2015, 8:23:23 PM8/13/15
to tetrad-us...@googlegroups.com
Please tell us what version of TETRAD you are using. Thanks for the notification.

Cg

rves...@financialengines.com

Aug 14, 2015, 11:38:10 AM8/14/15
to Tetrad Users Group
I'm using 5.2.1-0.
> tetrad-users-group+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Joseph Ramsey

Aug 14, 2015, 2:50:12 PM8/14/15
to tetrad-us...@googlegroups.com
Interestingly, it works in the repository version. I have some other cleanup work to do, but I'll try to post a new version soon with it working.

If you want to use it meantime you an use the latest experimental version up online, though any sessions you save may not load in the next released version.

Joe

I'm using 5.2.1-0.

Joseph D. Ramsey
Special Faculty and Director of Research Computing
Department of Philosophy
143 Baker Hall
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213