Sunsetting the TextExpander touch SDK

Greg Scown

Aug 5, 2022, 6:29:04 PM8/5/22
to tetouch-sdk

Dear TextExpander Developer:

Thank you so much for your support of TextExpander over the years.

We wanted to give you all an update on what we’ve been working on and how that impacts the TextExpander touch SDK. We’ve been hard at work on a new TextExpander keyboard for iOS that incorporates much of the functionality of the SDK. It can now handle fill-ins directly and adds new features, such as support for hardware keyboards and inline search. With much of the functionality of the SDK being incorporated into the new keyboard, we’ve decided to sunset the TextExpander touch SDK in favor of this new enhanced user experience.

This new keyboard is currently in an unadvertised / closed beta, and given the great feedback you’ve provided over the years, we would be happy to send you an invitation to check it out early. Just reply to this thread, and we’ll get an invite sent over to you, or use the link below.

Later this year, when we release the updated keyboard, TextExpander will no longer support updating snippet data via the x-callback-url mechanism. The updated TextExpander will also no longer support fill-ins initiated from apps with SDK support.

As you plan your Fall update, it would make sense to remove the TextExpander touch SDK from your app. You can point your users to this page to sign up for more information on our TextExpander for iOS beta program, including a TestFlight link, so that they don’t lose functionality important to them:

https://cgi.textexpander.com/cgi-bin/redirect.pl?cmd=sdksunset

Thanks again for your support, and please let us know how we may assist with this transition.

The TextExpander Team