TextExpander touch 3.0 SDK Available

Greg Scown

Sep 4, 2014, 5:21:09 PM9/4/14
to tetou...@googlegroups.com
Dear TextExpander touch SDK Developer:

Thanks again for including TextExpander support in your app.

We've just pushed version 3.0 of the SDK to the GitHub repository:

We recommend that you update to this version of the framework as part of your iOS 8 adoption. The framework is also compatible with iOS 7.

You'll want to disable the TextExpander custom keyboard when your SDK-enhanced app is running. Please see "Disabling TextExpander Custom Keyboard Expansions" in the README file.

If you're developing a custom keyboard or extension and would like it to have TextExpander support, see "Add TextExpander to Your Custom Keyboard or Other Extension" in the  README file.

Here's a quick video of the upcoming TextExpander custom keyboard in action.

Please note that the TextExpander custom keyboard is no substitute for in-app SDK support, as it won't handle expansion for:
  • Bluetooth keyboards
  • System keyboards
  • Fill-ins
  • Rich text