TextExpander touch SDK 1.2.3 offers many improvements

Greg Scown

Oct 25, 2012, 1:28:59 PM10/25/12
to tetou...@googlegroups.com

TextExpander touch SDK 1.2.3 is now available:

http://smilesoftware.com/downloads/teTouchSDK_1.2.3.zip

Here's what's new:

- Adds support for contentEditable / designMode in UIWebViews

- UITextView delegate methods can handle attributed strings in UITextViews on iOS 6

- UITextField delegate methods can handle attributed strings in UITextFields on iOS 6

- Adds read only property isAttemptingToExpandText which can be tested within the nextDelegate

- Adds stringByExpandingAbbreviations method for DIY expansion

- CHANGE: UITextView / UITextField delegate methods can handle NSAttributedStrings for pre-iOS 6 UITextViews, but only if the UITextView / UITextField subclass implements textExpanderAttributedString and setTextExpanderAttributedString: -- this ensures TextExpander does not attempt to call attributedString or setAttributedString:, which may be private methods of the UITextView / UITextField class

- Removes support for armv6 (use 1.2.2 SDK if you must continue to offer armv6 support)

Note: If you're not using the 1.2 or later SDK, we strongly recommend you update, as we've packaged TextExpander as a framework, so it's much easier to integrate into your build process.