TextExpander touch 2.3 SDK Available

Greg Scown

Nov 25, 2013, 6:45:54 PM11/25/13
to tetou...@googlegroups.com
Dear TextExpander touch SDK developers:

We have updated TextExpander touch to provide snippet data via x-callback-url, and we've posted our updated SDK on GitHub:

We've submitted TextExpander touch 2.3 for review, and we've asked the App Review Team to expedite its review.

We've drafted an email to our customers explaining the situation, and we will send that shortly.

When your app has been approved with the latest SDK implemented, let us know, and we'll add you to the list of apps with TextExpander support on our site.

Here's a quick overview of what needs to be done:

    1. Remove the EventKit framework from your project unless you use it for something other than TextExpander
    2. Remove or edit the NSRemindersUsageDescription in your Info.plist
    3. Remove calls to -[SMTEDelegateController willEnterForeground]
    4. If you've implemented fill-ins, search and replace fillForAppName with clientAppName
    5. Remove any code checking for access to Reminders unless your app uses Reminders for other purposes
    6. Follow the instructions under Acquiring / Updating Snippet Data in the SDK Read Me file

Again, we appreciate your support in this challenging endeavor. If you have any questions, please let me know.

Regards,

Greg Scown for the TextExpander touch Team

PS  If you're unfamiliar with the current issue, please see my previous post:

PPS  I'm traveling on Tuesday, November 26, so please use the tet...@smilesoftware.com address if you have questions, as more folks have access to that than just me. If you mail me directly, our response could be delayed.