TextExpander touch SDK 4.0b3 w/ single fat framework, Swift demo

Greg Scown

Aug 4, 2016, 7:32:54 PM8/4/16
to tetouch-sdk
Dear TextExpander developers,

We've been at work updating the TextExpander touch framework and updating the SDK.

Please download the TextExpander touch 4.0b3 SDK and give it a try:

The linker no longer strips Bitcode when the fat binary includes i386 and x86_64 architectures, so we're thrilled to consolidate back to a single fat framework. We've tested this on Xcode 7.3.1 and Xcode 8 beta. We don't recommend using this with older versions of Xcode, as older linkers may strip Bitcode.

We'd like to release to Github next week, so please let us know whether or not things are working for you:

What's new:
- Updated to handle new HTML snippet type introduced in TextExpander 6 for macOS and TextExpander 4 for iOS
- Adds Swift demo app:
  - The Swift demo app is not meant to illustrate Swift best practices; we welcome pull requests to improve it
  - The only tricky thing we ran into was that expansionStatusForceLoad doesn’t return a Bool and throws; see the demo app for how to deal with that
- TextExpander.framework is now fat and includes Bitcode and i386 and x86_64 architectures for the Simulator
  - Note: Older linkers strip Bitcode from fat frameworks with i386 or x86_64 architectures; use Xcode 7.3.1 or Xcode 8

Thanks for supporting TextExpander touch in your app!

TextExpander touch Team @ Smile