TextExpander touch 2.1b6 SDK Available

Greg Scown

Sep 10, 2013, 12:05:17 AM9/10/13
to tetou...@googlegroups.com
Dear TextExpander touch SDK Adopters,

Thanks again for adopting the TextExpander touch SDK in your app.

TextExpander touch 2.1, which stores shared snippet data in Reminders, has been available since late Friday on the App Store.

We're pleased to announce that the TextExpander touch SDK 2.1b6 is now available:

We've made the following changes:

- Resolves conflict with autocorrect on iOS 7 (previously, an additional space would appear when expanding a snippet while autocorrect was active)
- Calls nextDelegate's textViewDidChange when a snippet is expanded
- Never requests access to Reminders when TextExpander touch is not installed
- Works on iOS 5 without crashing (if you ship on iOS 5 and later, you must updated to 2.1b6 or later)

We hope to communicate again within 24 hours of Apple's announcements on Tuesday once we've had a moment to digest how they impact our plans. If you need to pull the trigger before then, it's most likely reasonable to ship with the 2.1b6 SDK.

Please let us know if you have any questions: tetouch@smilesoftware.com

Regards,

Greg Scown for the TextExpander touch Team
tet...@smilesoftware.com