tethys 3.0.0 migration question

alex...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2020, 11:30:06 AM2/15/20
to Tethys Platform
Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade to Tethys3.0 by following the instructions here, http://docs.tethysplatform.org/en/stable/installation/update.html. It's not clear to me where I should put the portal_config.yml and how to transfer information from settings.py, a python script, to config.yml. Is there a way for the config generator to automatically port information over?

Thanks,

Alex

sdc50

Feb 15, 2020, 2:25:18 PM2/15/20
to tethysp...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately there is no way to automatically port the information from your settings.py to the portal_config.yml file. The good news is that going forward your portal_config.yml file will be preserved during upgrades, so you will never need to port settings information again. That was the main purpose for the switch.

The portal_config.yml will automatically be generated in your TETHYS_HOME directory. By default that will be in ~/.tethys/. Refer to the documentation here: http://docs.tethysplatform.org/en/stable/tethys_portal/configuration.html#tethys-configuration for instructions on adding settings to the portal_config.yml.

alex...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2020, 5:12:17 PM2/15/20
to Tethys Platform
Thanks for the quick response. Right now, I'm using a default settings.py in tethys_portal. Should I copy all lines to portal_config.yml and change the equal signs to colon?

swainn

Feb 17, 2020, 10:31:29 AM2/17/20
to Tethys Platform
Is this a development environment or a production deployment of Tethys? There should be reasonable defaults for a development environment. For development, I'd attempt to use it as is and only add the settings you want to override the default value of.

Alex Sun

Feb 17, 2020, 11:33:47 AM2/17/20
to swainn, Tethys Platform
Hi, Nathan,