SPT REST server down

Biplov Bhandari

Dec 7, 2020, 12:52:29 PM12/7/20
to Tethys Platform
Apologies if this is not the right group for this. I tried GitHub but looks like its a bit outdated. I am using this API endpoint https://tethys2.byu.edu/localsptapi/api/HistoricSimulation/ to get the historical simulation data for SPT. I am using it with lat and lon. But since yesterday the server is down. The documentation page is also down: https://tethys2.byu.edu/localsptapi/documentation#/.

Please let me know if there are other end point where I can get the SPT historical simulation data with lat and lon, or if this server can be uped.

Thanks
Biplov

Riley Hales

Dec 7, 2020, 3:08:45 PM12/7/20
to Biplov Bhandari, Tethys Platform
Hi Biplov,

Those urls you are referring to are to an outdated instance of the model’s rest api. The model is now run daily by ECMWF and the rest api is available directly from them. We must have not communicated that well enough when it happened. Sorry! Everything works the same is before except that the new url you want to use is https://geoglows.ecmwf.int so for instance that url you provided should be https://geoglows.ecmwf.int/api/HistoricSimulation/ and so forth. The repository for the rest API code on GitHub is https://github.com/BYU-Hydroinformatics/gsp_rest_api

If you have further questions you can feel free to respond to me separately and use that GitHub repo since this is probably the wrong forum for more discussions about this.

Hope that helps!

Riley

Biplov Bhandari

Dec 7, 2020, 4:22:06 PM12/7/20
to Tethys Platform
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I will communicate in Github.