Analytics configuration

Billy Ashmall

Oct 7, 2020, 3:16:33 PM10/7/20
to Tethys Platform
I added the analytics configuration to the settings on our production server using:

tethys settings --set ANALYTICS_CONFIG.GOOGLE_ANALYTICS_JS_PROPERTY_ID 'Our-analytics-id'

I restarted tethys and i checked realtime monitoring on google analytics as i navigated to the portal multiple times making sure i cleared the cache.  It never registered that any user was on the site.

I then tried:
tuo
tethys manage collectall
tso
tsr

and tested again, still nothing.

I then checked the portal_config.yml to confirm that the setting was actually written there, and it was.  Is there something i'm missing?

swainn

Oct 7, 2020, 5:06:48 PM10/7/20
to Tethys Platform
Hey Billy:

Is this a publicly accessible Tethys Portal? If so, would you mind sharing a link?

Also, what version of Tethys are you using?

Billy Ashmall

Oct 7, 2020, 5:22:05 PM10/7/20
to Tethys Platform

swainn

Oct 8, 2020, 10:25:12 AM10/8/20
to Tethys Platform
Can you try running a modified version of the settings command:

tethys settings --set GOOGLE_ANALYTICS_JS_PROPERTY_ID 'Our-analytics-id'

There is a bug in version 3.0.0 with the portal_config.yml that was causing some of the settings groups not to work. Taking the setting out of the ANALYTICS_CONFIG group should work. This bug has been fixed in version 3.1.0.

Billy Ashmall

Oct 8, 2020, 10:40:58 AM10/8/20
to Tethys Platform
Thank you.  That solved the issue.