Tethys 3.0 Apache setup not displaying css and images

HBW

Apr 1, 2020, 3:00:18 PM4/1/20
to Tethys Platform

In the setup I'm using we have too run apache(httpd) using proxy in front of tethys due to our auth login method. Centos 7, this is not a docker install, and the tethys user cannot have sudo.
I can start the tethys app using "tethys manage start" everything works as expected, I can access the site through browser --> https --> apache --> proxy --> 127.0.0.1:8000, everything works.
The problem I have is: if as root I start supervisord (runs as my tethys user) the 4 daphne processes start (they run as my tethys user), everything appears to be working until I try to access the site the same as before, now the js, css and image files do not display, but I can still login and navigate.
Apache proxy is:
ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:8000/

tethys.log <==
WARNING  Not Found: /static/tethys_portal/vendor/font-awesome/css/font-awesome.min.css
WARNING  Not Found: /static/tethys_portal/vendor/bootstrap-social/bootstrap-social.css
WARNING  Not Found: /static/tethys_portal/css/tethys_main.css
WARNING  Not Found: /static/tethys_portal/images/tethys-logo-25.png
WARNING  Not Found: /static/tethys_portal/js/tethys_main.js

Can someone explain what is wrong? And how to correct the issue?
Thank you

ezra.j.rice

Apr 2, 2020, 5:11:42 AM4/2/20
to Tethys Platform
Sorry you're having difficulty with this. Can you confirm that the static directory contains those files that it says are not found? In my experience, that message usually only pops up when the proxy cannot find the static directory or when the static directory is empty. If it is empty, try running the collectstatic command.
(tethys) $ tethys manage collectstatic

HBW

Apr 2, 2020, 10:07:15 AM4/2/20
to Tethys Platform
Thank you for the suggestion, yes, the files do exist. They are not found when I run the application with "supervisor", but they are found when I run "tethys manage start".