Re: [Tet Project] Unavailability of files

Message has been deleted

Rickey LoDico

Mar 2, 2008, 3:02:37 PM3/2/08
to tet_p...@googlegroups.com
Brian,
I'm not much of a computer guy so take this with a grain of salt.  I've been using www.doteasy.com for about 6 years so they've been in business a while and likely to remain that way for a while longer.  It's free hosting, at least for my simple purposes.
Rick LoDico

On Mar 2, 2008, at 2:40 PM, Deering, Brian R. wrote:

Folks,

We store our INTSUM images on a free web hosting site named www.awesomewebspace.com and it has been an OK experience until the last few months. We access those files using File Transfer Protocol (FTP). FTP requires an FTP server. The FTP server at www.awesomewebspace.com is down and, as near as I can figure, has been down since about January 14, 2008.

If they haven't repaired it in 2 months I'm betting they aren't going to fix it anytime soon. Therefore, I'll be seeking another free web hosting site unless someone on the list has first-hand experience with a free web hosting service that is reliable.

The search and file transfer process could take a while. I apologize for this inconvenience and ask for your indulgence.

Thanx.

Brian Deering

Brian R. Deering
The MITRE Corporation
A Federally Funded Research & Development Center,
Working in the Public Interest
7515 Colshire Dr., 7T704
McLean, VA 22102
703.983.7633
202.324.6114 (client site)

Our Election Process Needs Your Help!
The November 4, 2008 national elections are sure to draw record numbers of voters to the nation's polls. Long waits are expected! You can directly support this process by volunteering as an "Officer of Elections" and being a poll worker. When staffing a polling place you are sworn in as an Officer of Elections according to the provisions of state law and, with other poll staffers, ensure the election process runs smoothly and fairly. Do not confuse Officer of Elections with poll workers who work for parties or candidates and hand out campaign literature. An Officer of Elections is an officer of the state who works for the county holding the election. Training is provided and volunteers are compensated. If you're interested in finding out more, please call me or contact your local Voter Registrar's Office.

Brian Deering

Mar 2, 2008, 4:39:27 PM3/2/08
to tet_p...@googlegroups.com
Rickey,

Thanx for the suggestion. Your answer was what I was hoping to get. Recommendations from someone with personal experience.

I just looked at www.doteasy.com . It's unsuitable for our purposes. Www.doteasy.com allows 100MB of free storage space. Our INTSUM image files require around 1 GB of space.

Again, thanx for the recommendation!!

Brian